STIMULUS PACKAGE UP TO 6 TRILLION DOLLARS !

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would like to see $50 per dog added to the Stimulus bill. I would rather my dog get a few bones than some of these businesses. One being cruise ships. Aren't the majority of them Foreign Flag with foreign crews that pay little or no taxes?
Only one cruise line based in the USA I believe

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thank you, that clarified it. $4T in made-up money (liquidity) and $2T in debt / expenditures. Hope pensions and social security aren't going to be totally decimated by the following rampant inflation or we'll be working until we are dead. Which, of course, will happen sooner anyway due to the impending economic depression. I almost never agree with Trump but I have consistently believed the cure is going to be worse than the disease. We should have been more targeted in our efforts in protecting those at risk and not damning everyone.
That’s the brilliant part of it man. Inflation isn’t an issue because your average person is never seeing any significant amount of the money. It’s all going to a very small percentage so the money never makes it into the every mans economy.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
Inflation benefits the debtor. If you owe $200,000 on your house and your wages double due to inflation you work half the hours to pay that $200,000 off. Not so good for someone with capital in something that doesn't keep up with inflation. Like money ratholed in a safe.

rod

Retired 22 years
Inflation benefits the debtor. If you owe $200,000 on your house and your wages double due to inflation you work half the hours to pay that $200,000 off. Not so good for someone with capital in something that doesn't keep up with inflation. Like money ratholed in a safe.
But it never hurts to have a few cans of cash buried in the back yard

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Recessions only happen when you have 2 consecutive quarters with negative growth. Ist quarter guaranteed will be negative. The next one possible but unlikely. source Dave Ramsey.

of course this is just his opinion. everyone has one and one of those other things.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Except our driver raises are already less then inflation. So any increase will make our spending power go down.

BrownArmy

I am wondering if things get much worse, if UPS will ask the Union to suspend our raises or ask for a reduction in wages to save our jobs?

Depends on how long this lasts...

Plenty of 22.4 ammunition to cycle through before that’s even an issue.

Unless this starts raging through centers, with drivers and preloaders out for weeks, then it’s anybody’s guess

rickyb

Recessions only happen when you have 2 consecutive quarters with negative growth. Ist quarter guaranteed will be negative. The next one possible but unlikely. source Dave Ramsey.

of course this is just his opinion. everyone has one and one of those other things.
yea but were over due for a recession.