Storming the Capitol

newfie

A what about argument from Van! Never would have guessed that would come from you.
he's pointing out the selective hypocrisy of your position. your what about argument would be a deflection to avoid addressing the hypocrisy argument.

the benifit to the storming of the capital is that it suddenly allowed liberals like youself to embrace walls, police and the military while at the same time awakening you folks to the dangers of unruly mobs that you previously ignored.

rickyb

he Washington Post, which analyzed the public records of 125 defendants charged with taking part in the storming of the Capital on January 6, found that “nearly 60 percent of the people facing charges related to the Capitol riot showed signs of prior money troubles, including bankruptcies, notices of eviction or foreclosure, bad debts, or unpaid taxes over the past two decades.”

The group’s bankruptcy rate — 18 percent — was nearly twice as high as that of the American public,” the Post found. “A quarter of them had been sued for money owed to a creditor. And 1 in 5 of them faced losing their home at one point, according to court filings.”

“A California man filed for bankruptcy one week before allegedly joining the attack, according to public records,” the paper reported. “A Texas man was charged with entering the Capitol one month after his company was slapped with a nearly $2,000 state tax lien. Several young people charged in the attack came from families with histories of financial duress.”

It will be fine

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Man arrested during FBI raid of Laguna Beach home

The federal agents who knocked on Gauvain’s door told him they were searching his home because his phone pinged by a cell tower at or near the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

“They showed me on a map that my phone was pinged,” he said. “I was within 40 to 60 feet [of the Capitol] but only for a brief time.”

Federal agents have raided the homes of two Ladera Ranch men, as well as a third person in Huntington Beach, as part of their investigation into the deadly Jan. 6 riot, ABC 7 reports.

So, I guess if your phone pinged because you were in the area you may be entitled to a raid from the FBI...WTF! I guess the 1st amendment doesn't matter anymore and this police state is what follows.

upsgrunt

The federal agents who knocked on Gauvain’s door told him they were searching his home because his phone pinged by a cell tower at or near the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

“They showed me on a map that my phone was pinged,” he said. “I was within 40 to 60 feet [of the Capitol] but only for a brief time.”

Federal agents have raided the homes of two Ladera Ranch men, as well as a third person in Huntington Beach, as part of their investigation into the deadly Jan. 6 riot, ABC 7 reports.

So, I guess if your phone pinged because you were in the area you may be entitled to a raid from the FBI...WTF! I guess the 1st amendment doesn't matter anymore and this police state is what follows.

And why didn't the FBI use that ping technology for the riots?

rickyb

yep you shoulda rose up when snowden sacrificed his career to tell you the truth or when the patriot act got passed.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

When I travel , I only use burner phones.
Always pay with cash and avoid toll roads.