Strange things at my station.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
oh I know, that's ancient history - just one of countless decent things they no longer do - such as throw extravagant parties twice a year ("family briefings" they were called) replete with open bar. Yes, sometimes I do have to remind myself this actually used to be a real good place to work......or was I just dreaming?

I believe the rule used to be if you were over 30 hours for X weeks, you were made FT. I just cannot remember the exact policy, but it did exist, long ago.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I believe the rule used to be if you were over 30 hours for X weeks, you were made FT. I just cannot remember the exact policy, but it did exist, long ago.
It was known as the "Thirteen Thirty Rule" - 30 hrs. for 13 weeks and you were FT.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It was known as the "Thirteen Thirty Rule" - 30 hrs. for 13 weeks and you were FT.

Yes, that rings a bell. Now, you have to stay 30 years at $13 per hour, and then they'll make you FT. It's the "Thirty Thirteen Rule". Fred's idea...keeps you wanting more.

Fragiledonthrow

This pisses me off. When PT's get 40+ hours, why are they still PT??? There is obviously enough work to make more people FT.
Ive been trying to get a split shift for the longest. But they are just getting rid of all them. Making those drivers take straight eights. If a man or woman is willing to work a ft position with a two hour break so be it.. it should be illegal what they are doin. Hiring nothing but part timers.

Purplepackage

Ive been trying to get a split shift for the longest. But they are just getting rid of all them. Making those drivers take straight eights. If a man or woman is willing to work a ft position with a two hour break so be it.. it should be illegal what they are doin. Hiring nothing but part timers.

We have a part timer get tired of getting minimal hours so he volunteered to help our "north" routes, these routes are :censored2:ed some places take an hour to get too, safe to say he easily gets over 50 hours a week now. Was actually a smart move for him