Strike 2023

Zowert

Yep. Crabs in a barrel. The envy will be strong, I predict. Though people who don't do this work day in and day out would never understand.
Yeah I can hear it now. “Aww poor babies making $42 an hour need more money! What they get a pension too? Free health insurance? Yeah screw those guys, get back to work!” This would be from a person that’s never had to get in and out of a vehicle 200 times in under 14 hours.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Amazon DSP’s don’t seem to have a problem finding people willing to do the work for $16-20. No benefits either. They have a real high turnover rate but that doesn’t seem to bother them, I see Amazon vans all over the place. I suppose UPS could find cheaper labor but they know the quality of service would fall dramatically. Fortunately for us, finding tens of thousands of people willing to cross a picket line to do the kind of work we do for half the pay would be extremely difficult. Plus they’d all have to be trained, UPS doesn’t have enough supervisors for the task. You’d think this reality would give us leverage at the bargaining table but we still end up with 22.4’s.
Amazon already has internal documents that they know they will have ran through all prospective employees in the next few years.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Let higher up union deal with the master. Think about what you want internally through your local supplement. Think about changes that should be made through negotiations and throw your ideas out there.

evilleace

Another for sure "yes" vote no matter what is taken away.
I'm not a for sure yes vote. But I also don't support the strike no matter what mentality some people are pushing.

They would have to try and push some big givebacks for me to vote no. We don't have the market share we used to and a strike would do way more harm than good for our jobs long term. Just my opinion.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not a for sure yes vote. But I also don't support the strike no matter what mentality some people are pushing.

They would have to try and push some big givebacks for me to vote no. We don't have the market share we used to and a strike would do way more harm than good for our jobs long term. Just my opinion.
Your whole statement says --"YES VOTE". Don't worry though. From the talk on here sadly the "yes votes" are the sure winners in the next contract so there won't be a strike. Enjoy your beards, gauges and tattoos. They are much more important than being forced to work Saturdays, losing holidays, long hours, non union workers at peak and the list goes on and on.

evilleace

I don't have any of those 3 things. Only one I support is beards the other 2 make us look like trash when delivering.

And honestly I'm not leaning either way with my vote until I see what's offered. But at my building we don't have it as bad as what I hear on here. We don't have any forced 6th punches, no excessive overtime except for those that want it, I'm not sure what you mean by losing holidays? The non union workers at peak are a problem as are 22.4 drivers the way they are being used now.

So like I said unless they start coming for insurance, pension, or raises I don't see a lot no votes coming from my building.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yes either they give us everything we lay on the table or strike
B80480A2-CF75-46BB-B20C-ADA4E1CFDE4A.gif

JustDeliverIt

I do not personally want a strike, but will definitely vote yes on a strike authorization vote. It is a negotiation tool and I want our leadership to have everything they need to show strength and unity.

I honestly believe both sides have too much to lose should we strike so don’t see it coming to that but, IMO, everyone should vote yes to authorize a strike.

PT Car Washer

I do not personally want a strike, but will definitely vote yes on a strike authorization vote. It is a negotiation tool and I want our leadership to have everything they need to show strength and unity.

I honestly believe both sides have too much to lose should we strike so don’t see it coming to that but, IMO, everyone should vote yes to authorize a strike.
What was last contracts strike vote? Like 25%? Not much of a threat and we got 22.4.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What was last contracts strike vote? Like 25%? Not much of a threat and we got 22.4.

All that means is 75% weren't concerned enough about striking to vote against it. That means about 98% a trike approval. Too bad the IBT disregarded the constitution and ratified when they were obligated to go back to the bargaining table. I wonder why they did that.

Thebrownblob

Sorry if you don't know sarcasm when you see it and taking statements out of context. Typical right wing tactic. Why do you people hate Unions so much?
Wait a minute you take statements out of context all the time😂. And I’m sure you did not mean you agreed with 22.4. You are not however the most ardent enforcer of contractual language.

Thebrownblob

I have a grievance that is supposed to be heard this afternoon that has been sitting for 6 months.
I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you have a weak local, if that’s the case that sucks. Six months is entirely too long, each side gets a postponement. Which at most should be two months for some sort of outcome or deadlock to the next level.