Strike 2023

Thebrownblob

It’s not that hard to set up an account at a credit union if that’s what you choose you’re making it sound like it’s a big deal
Credit unions are great but I also have an online account that my straight phone goes to I can look at it whenever I want I can change the deductions or add more. It’s about as easy as possible and keeps your money separate from your regular accounts

PT Car Washer

There is definitely a lot of buzz about a potential strike and I have heard the Union president talk about it a few times. Especially if they do not fix the language on 22.4s.

One thing that I found interesting is that a lot of people are saying to save money through a credit union. Has anyone already done this? Please share some details if you have!

Also, what would a strike at the United Parcel Service even look like? Can’t they replace the workers with people that think 15/hr is an amazing potential oppurtunity or even give the work to the supervisors or managers?
I have the credit union take $200/wk out of my paycheck. Over $80k and I never miss it. Bad news is they pay almost nothing in interest.

Johney

I know almost no one who thinks $15 is a great opportunity. Look at what they’re hiring now.

Yeah sups will work but they can’t come even close to doing all of the work. For drivers they have to process applications, get the people proper license and train them. Even saying they have enough applicants (they wouldn’t) you’re talking weeks before they could do all of that. Who is gonna do it? The same management that’s out trying to deliver stuff?
There will be plenty who will cross in a week and those that refuse to strike.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You are retired...right?

I've asked you 3 times.

Why in the whole world would you show up to a UPS picket line?
To support my brother and sister teamsters

Something you obviously have no clue about
203BFBAD-50FB-4566-94FB-2C91984F6E96.jpeg

35years

Gravy route
Is there such a thing as personal strike insurance for workers?

If so which company offers it?

And yes...I do have extra money saved up for a possible strike and a 50k line of credit. I would however buy strike insurance if it is offered.

I believe the International strike fund says they will pay 5x your monthly dues rate....weekly, starting day 1.

So if monthly dues are $100 do you get $500 weekly?

How long could they do that without exhausting the fund?

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You are retired...right?

I've asked you 3 times.

Why in the whole world would you show up to a UPS picket line?
I'm retired and i'd damn sure be on the picket line at the building I retired from.I'd take my Slingshot and Ball bearings and show the new guys what that will do to a windshield. =)

35years

Gravy route
I'm retired and i'd damn sure be on the picket line at the building I retired from.I'd take my Slingshot and Ball bearings and show the new guys what that will do to a windshield. =)
In 97 we had a gun fired in the general direction (not at) of scabs on route. We also had guys trap feeders in traffic and package cars were trapped on route by parking in front and back of them.

Don't do anything stupid like spit on scabs while in range of UPS cameras

35years

Gravy route
The best thing for solidarity in the line is when others stand with current workers. We had Pepsi (and other) drivers deliver us cold ones free. Food also from unionized workers. One retired guy who lived across the street from UPS would spend half his day with us....It was awesome hearing stories of his strike.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
In 97 we had a gun fired in the general direction (not at) of scabs on route. We also had guys trap feeders in traffic and package cars were trapped on route by parking in front and back of them.

Don't do anything stupid like spit on scabs while in range of UPS cameras
What if a stray bullet hits the camera? Chicago speaking