Strike 2023

Frank888

I do not expect the strike pay to be that much,however, I think we would get alot of support from other unions such as the teachers, amazon, starbucks and the police union. Also, some banks and credit card companies would be surprisngly understanding if you told them that your on strike and you will have to delay paying your bills. This is really good for people that depend on UPS paycheck to paycheck.

How would the strike pay be distributed to the Part Time Workers that show up to the picket line? Would we even get anything after the second week? We all know that UPS budged on the 3rd Monday in 1997 and I think alot of the workers have the resources to strike for much more than three weeks.

542thruNthru

I do not expect the strike pay to be that much,however, I think we would get alot of support from other unions such as the teachers, amazon, starbucks and the police union. Also, some banks and credit card companies would be surprisngly understanding if you told them that your on strike and you will have to delay paying your bills. This is really good for people that depend on UPS paycheck to paycheck.

How would the strike pay be distributed to the Part Time Workers that show up to the picket line? Would we even get anything after the second week? We all know that UPS budged on the 3rd Monday in 1997 and I think alot of the workers have the resources to strike for much more than three weeks.
5x your monthly dues a week as long as you show up every day on the line. Which with UPS could be 7 days week.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

We won’t get support from the teachers, Amazon, Starbucks, the bakers or the candle stick makers. And you for damn sure won’t get the support of the FOP. That was the first thing our BA told us in 97, the po po are not on our side.

Last edited:

evilleace

In my opinion once it's released how much we make an hour we wouldn't get support from anyone.

rod

Retired 22 years
In my opinion once it's released how much we make an hour we wouldn't get support from anyone.
Don't worry about the public supporting you. You are fighting for your life here (or at least to keep what others won for you). If the Company was hurting it "might" be different, but they continue to make money hand over fist by working you like dogs. Screw the public--99.9% of them don't give a rats butt about you or what goes on at UPS.

Zowert

I know almost no one who thinks $15 is a great opportunity. Look at what they’re hiring now.
Amazon DSP’s don’t seem to have a problem finding people willing to do the work for $16-20. No benefits either. They have a real high turnover rate but that doesn’t seem to bother them, I see Amazon vans all over the place. I suppose UPS could find cheaper labor but they know the quality of service would fall dramatically. Fortunately for us, finding tens of thousands of people willing to cross a picket line to do the kind of work we do for half the pay would be extremely difficult. Plus they’d all have to be trained, UPS doesn’t have enough supervisors for the task. You’d think this reality would give us leverage at the bargaining table but we still end up with 22.4’s.