Strike 2023

SP101

I fully support a strike in 2023. Both union and non-union employees where I come from feel like they have been worked like dogs the last three years and we’re tired of it. Meanwhile, the condition of our delivery vehicles, our facility and the technology that UPS pushes on us is disgraceful. The price of our stock is no indication of what is really going on at UPS and the moral of its dedicated employees.

over9five

Staff member
It's good to be prepared, but no need to decide that right now. Sean's gonna take the lead in negotiating the contract. Let's see what he comes up with.

542thruNthru

I fully support a strike in 2023. Both union and non-union employees where I come from feel like they have been worked like dogs the last three years and we’re tired of it. Meanwhile, the condition of our delivery vehicles, our facility and the technology that UPS pushes on us is disgraceful. The price of our stock is no indication of what is really going on at UPS and the moral of its dedicated employees.
So strike no matter what? You don't care what's on the table? Just want to teach UPS a lesson?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You a part time supe?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You're well compensated for your time.
Public will not support a strike this time.

good luck.

Its_a_me

Remember those company surveys they used to make everyone take....until they started saying how poor morale was and how no employee would recommend working at UPS to a family member or friend....and they made a big deal every PCM to show you how great the company was by pointing out what you were overlooking....

...well that was years ago when morale was higher.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am putting in my 5 weeks vacation weeks starting the last week in July - August of 2023. Even if they try to cancel it their payroll system will still cut the checks and insurance will still apply. It happened to me once before when they approved my vacation requests in November and then canceled it on me in May for a July vacation because they couldn't/forgot to combine option plus regular vacation weeks into the total weeks used on a spreadsheet for the center. Despite 2 months notice payroll still couldn't stop the incorrect payout nor insurance mess. It meant that when I re-selected the vacation week for later in the year it was mostly unpaid (as I was already paid in July and only given the GWI equivalent of like 0.25 hours for the week to keep insurance active--as payroll determined that would be the easiest solution instead of having to file an incorrect insurance termination notice).

...and best yet is when they try the " tried calling you"....I went on vacation and left my phone at home. Or "I sent a letter"....my mail is on a vacation hold.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Keep wages low for part-time. Put the savings into the full time pension.