Strike 2023

nWo

"If YoU DoNt lIkE YoUr JoB tHeN qUIt. "

I hear that from the old timers and the general public a lot. I really doubt we will have much public support. We should probably at least give Sean a chance to negotiate a contract before we strike over it.

JL 0513

Things are never going to be ideal. Does that mean strike? Not today. How can it possibly be justified when we make 50-100% more than our counterparts over at FedEx, Amazon, and Post Office? It would be like the WNBA striking because they don't make what the NBA makes.

I understand people are mostly talking about other issues rather than compensation. And yes, things need to be addressed. If we want to threaten a strike for leverage, fine. But everyone knows we can't actually strike under these conditions.

At UPS, some things will never change. It will never be a 40 hour job. We'll never have AC in the trucks. It'll always be tough, physical work. Don't like it? Every building has an exit.

Things are never going to be ideal. Does that mean strike? Not today. How can it possibly be justified when we make 50-100% more than our counterparts over at FedEx, Amazon, and Post Office? It would be like the WNBA striking because they don't make what the NBA makes.

I understand people are mostly talking about other issues rather than compensation. And yes, things need to be addressed. If we want to threaten a strike for leverage, fine. But everyone knows we can't actually strike under these conditions.

At UPS, some things will never change. It will never be a 40 hour job. We'll never have AC in the trucks. It'll always be tough, physical work. Don't like it? Every building has an exit.
Well the company's making record profits and they beat the living crap out of every employee during a pandemic

But they did find a way to give the supervisors some extra boneless pay, a bigger and my pee bonus and jack up the dividends by 1.5 billion dollars a year to the shareholder's

Don't cry for right now cuz it's not going to happen

JL 0513

Well the company's making record profits and they beat the living crap out of every employee during a pandemic

But they did find a way to give the supervisors some extra boneless pay, a bigger and my pee bonus and jack up the dividends by 1.5 billion dollars a year to the shareholder's

Don't cry for right now cuz it's not going to happen
We want the company to make record profits. What should probably be a priority is using those profits to replacing extremely outdated centers across the country. Seems that most of them are undersized and obsolete. It's going to take decades to replace a good portion of them, how about they start at some point?

We want the company to make record profits. What should probably be a priority is using those profits to replacing extremely outdated centers across the country. Seems that most of them are undersized and obsolete. It's going to take decades to replace a good portion of them, how about they start at some point?
Just like we don't have enough package cars

JL 0513

Just like we don't have enough package cars
Yup that's a never ending issue. I have to say, that my center has replaced half our fleet in the last 5 years, which is the best turnover rate I've ever seen. We did have a very old fleet before that desperate of new pkg cars. Got rid of the last manual a couple of years ago.

Yup that's a never ending issue. I have to say, that my center has replaced half our fleet in the last 5 years, which is the best turnover rate I've ever seen. We did have a very old fleet before that desperate of new pkg cars. Got rid of the last manual a couple of years ago.
We have two manuals left