Strike 2023

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you have a weak local, if that’s the case that sucks. Six months is entirely too long, each side gets a postponement. Which at most should be two months for some sort of outcome or deadlock to the next level.
Long time Sec/Treasure retired early this year unexpectedly and the Hall has been in transition since.

Thebrownblob

Long time Sec/Treasure retired early this year unexpectedly and the Hall has been in transition since.
We’ve had people retire from my hall left and right, really no excuse for Non-representation. A decent executive board member would give a heads up many months in advance so that a replacement could be ready to go

Coldworld

60 months and counting
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U would support his brothers.
Don't worry about the public supporting you. You are fighting for your life here (or at least to keep what others won for you). If the Company was hurting it "might" be different, but they continue to make money hand over fist by working you like dogs. Screw the public--99.9% of them don't give a rats butt about you or what goes on at UPS.
Most of them couldn’t do the job either, unless you’re talking about feeder, then that’s another story.

JustDeliverIt

What was last contracts strike vote? Like 25%? Not much of a threat and we got 22.4.

But look at last contract’s negotiators, that is why we have 22.4’s. They had the strike vote regardless of how many did vote and the company putting out a statement that they’re willing to go back to the table. Still chose to push it through.

Don’t think this leadership will do the same (not that they can with the change to the constitution), but they need every tool in the box. Strike authorization is just one of the tools.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you have a weak local, if that’s the case that sucks. Six months is entirely too long, each side gets a postponement. Which at most should be two months for some sort of outcome or deadlock to the next level.
Hearings canceled for today. Try again on Friday. This is the way it has been for 6 months.

Thebrownblob

Hearings canceled for today. Try again on Friday. This is the way it has been for 6 months.
I would be calling the president of the local or whoever the principal officer is and if no one wanted to give me any satisfaction I would either call the international or file labor board charges.

Last edited:

Gman33909

Can we get some type of time limit on grievances being settled in the next contract? I've been waiting 5 months for several grievances to settle

Thebrownblob

Can we get some type of time limit on grievances being settled in the next contract? I've been waiting 5 months for several grievances to settle
Unless it’s some sort of national grievance that’s been put on hold your business agent should’ve already tried to settle it locally or took it to a panel

RTW FTW

I would be calling the president of the local or whoever the principal officer is and if no one wanted to give me any satisfaction I would either call the international or file labor board charges.
Whoa! Don’t set that individual up to be targeted by the union too! That’s exactly the route I took and they deemed me a complaining troublemaker.

Probably better just to let happen whatever happens. Keep sending that money in tho because pay and benefits. All other rights are irrelevant

rod

Retired 22 years
1658357920127.png

2 killed -67 wounded in Teamster strike of 1934 in Minneapolis / St. Paul. They fought for your benefits. Don't give it all up people.