Strike Authorization Approved

Tony Q

Why are we striking

What happens if we go on strike ?

What’s the process in all of this ?

How do we get paid ?

Over a variety of issues. The Part time unborn need a good starting wage. We don't want to pay for our benefits. We don't want to work weekends. We want article 37 to have some teeth to stop the unfair production harassment. We want more full time jobs.

Next question. We could possible loose a portion of our customer base that might not ever come back. We could alienate ourselves from the general public. We could secure a better contract. We could also further other Teamsters political agendas.

Next question. We take a strike authorization vote to show unity. We strike and stay united. we hopefully win.

You get paid ten times your hourly wage caped at 250 dollars I believe and if you are lucky enough to live in a state with a strike fund you could possibly get a little more. Your Teamcare benefits will be paid by Teamcare.

Over a variety of issues. The Part time unborn need a good starting wage. We don't want to pay for our benefits. We don't want to work weekends. We want article 37 to have some teeth to stop the unfair production harassment. We want more full time jobs.

Next question. We could possible loose a portion of our customer base that might not ever come back. We could alienate ourselves from the general public. We could secure a better contract. We could also further other Teamsters political agendas.

Next question. We take a strike authorization vote to show unity. We strike and stay united. we hopefully win.

You get paid ten times your hourly wage caped at 250 dollars I believe and if you are lucky enough to live in a state with a strike fund you could possibly get a little more. Your Teamcare benefits will be paid by Teamcare.
Never heard of a STATE strike fund going to striking teamsters. Only a strike fund from individual locals. Whose members pay extra into.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Auto Glass isn't that expensive anymore....
ezgif-1-19a7856573.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Never heard of a STATE strike fund going to striking teamsters. Only a strike fund from individual locals. Whose members pay extra into.

The IBT has a strike fund, some states, and some Joint Councils.

We have built our strike fund to more than $153 million,” Hall said. “We have the resources to take on any employer, anywhere, at any time.

Teamsters Increase Strike Benefits

-Bug-

Last edited:

DOK

We have built our strike fund to more than $153 million,” Hall said. “We have the resources to take on any employer, anywhere, at any time.

-Bug-

Yeah but $150 per week, beer money.

DOK

-Bug-

-Bug-

Yeah but $150 per week, beer money.

You know come to think of it I haven’t gotten one piece of literature in the mail regarding what’s going on in these contract negotiations, no updates, no nothing. Anyone else?

Inthegame

You know come to think of it I haven’t gotten one piece of literature in the mail regarding what’s going on in these contract negotiations, no updates, no nothing. Anyone else?
You mean you didn't sign up for the all encompassing text summaries?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes brief indeed. While I appreciate the effort, I doubt members are getting what they expected.

The veteran members are more patient.

They understand, things don't happen overnight.

The new "crop" of members rely on immediate and constant information.

They just don't understand "the cause and effect relationship".

After that, the concept of delayed gratification.

-Bug-

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The veteran members are more patient.

They understand, things don't happen overnight.

The new "crop" of members rely on immediate and constant information.

They just don't understand "the cause and effect relationship".

After that, the concept of delayed gratification.

-Bug-
Sounds like a bad sexual experience instead of discussing contract negotiations .

No, I have got NOTHING IN THE MAIL either.

Really ?

You have internet access, and can't get information ?

That's odd.

-Bug-

He ask about getting anything in the mail. I think his point being, how does one know if they should believe what they read on the interweb.