Strike in August, what say you?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I am very much of the opinion we will strike in August. I realize my center is but a microcosum of UPS as a whole but this is what I am seeing:

1) WAY too many drivers . 3-6 drivers are given the day off every day. The center is too fat

2) The company refuses to settle grievances. 2013-2016 Local Hearings were held every month and every couple of months we got grievance checks. The current thing for management to do now is to cancel the hearings on the scheduled date and push them off another month while the grievances keep piling up.

3) Alot of extra Management has appeared from Corporate to "assist" our management team

4) After 7 months of negotiating absolutely no movement has been made in the Southern Region Supplement Negotiations

I really think the company is trying to force a strike

I am very much of the opinion we will strike in August. I realize my center is but a microcosum of UPS as a whole but this is what I am seeing:

1) WAY too many drivers . 3-6 drivers are given the day off every day. The center is too fat

2) The company refuses to settle grievances. 2013-2016 Local Hearings were held every month and every couple of months we got grievance checks. The current thing for management to do now is to cancel the hearings on the scheduled date and push them off another month while the grievances keep piling up.

3) Alot of extra Management has appeared from Corporate to "assist" our management team

4) After 7 months of negotiating absolutely no movement has been made in the Southern Region Supplement Negotiations

I really think the company is trying to force a strike
Have you noticed how many brand new package cars they have been buying?
Who knows how to drive a stick shift anymore?

Star B

White Lightening
You forget one big wild card my friend. This isn't 1997. The shareholders will sell out so fast if they think of any possibility of a strike.
It's also not 1997. Shareholders will be swooned with ORION and PVDs and said "It will be OK"

Star B

White Lightening
Put those 10 overweights in you Prius
Those will be left for the scabs that will cross the line because they are 'too far in debt and need the cash' and/or "RIGHT TO WORK!!".

I mean, just look at the state of the USA and the state of Unions in general. Take a good, hard, look at it. Yes, you are teamsters, you are on the inside, and I support you 100% and I'd on the line with you walking it (after my mando'd 14 hour days at Express).... but I don't believe public opinion will be with be with you guys this time.

Those will be left for the scabs that will cross the line because they are 'too far in debt and need the cash' and/or "RIGHT TO WORK!!".

I mean, just look at the state of the USA and the state of Unions in general. Take a good, hard, look at it. Yes, you are teamsters, you are on the inside, and I support you 100% and I'd on the line with you walking it (after my mando'd 14 hour days at Express).... but public opinion won't be with you guys this time.
You are correct that the public opinion won't be behind us. Bit the shareholders will just off faster than a passenger from the Titanic