Strike in Chicago?

brownman15

When chicagoans say united we stand what the really mean is:

I won't join everyone else when they talk contract.

I'll have mine later

I'll look to better whatever you get.

I'll look for your help if my seperate talks go sour.

I'll look for you to risk your house and personal finances supporting me if my special talks go sour.

So where you should have symbiotic unionism instead you have a parasitic union relationship where chicago gets all the benifits.

company propaganda i can even see the teleprompter in the background

brownman15

NO, you are a local "of the worker" so the locals job is to watch out for ALL THEIR EMPLOYEES, the 705 could have made it an issue but didnt care enough to do it

if ups rally cared about the parttimers they could raise the starting wage other than contract year

govols019

You smell that?
Personal convictions and all that. The Boss is my boss, NOT the IBT. -Rocky

You don't even make sense. You keep contradicting yourself. In one post you say you would scab if that's what the boss told you to do. In the next you say you are pro-union and then you top it off with the saying your personal convictions take a backseat to whatever the "Boss" tells you to do.

drewed

Shankman
if ups rally cared about the parttimers they could raise the starting wage other than contract year

and UPS doesnt take money out of the Pters check to negotiate that contract so the 705 that does take their money should have been doing a better job watching out for the people lining their pocket

atatbl

still wrong there are about 19,000 members in 705 12,000 of which are upsers and 3230 of those teamsters voted so doing math it comes out 2 27%

You might be the most unobservant person on the planet. This will be complicated for you, but do it: go back to the post you originally quoted and read it again. Then, go back to the post where Usps Guy pointed out how you didn't understand that post's original meaning when you quoted it (and said it was incorrect mathematically, which it was not..... if you understood a simple point). Then get back to us buddy! I know you can put this one together if you try real hard.

atatbl

lmao! This is the definition of being pwned. He loses the argument and then switches to another moot point.

Really dude? Is that right? Could UPS fix all your problems by giving you whatever you wanted even when contracts aren't being negotiated? You don't say? Gee...... that has amazing insight to it! Why don't we just get rid of contracts then and use your horseshit argument that "anything can happen for people without them working for it"

You probably don't understand this, but the people negotiating this contract on BOTH sides are doing WORK. Their job is not easy. It takes a lot out of all parties involved at the table.

The fact that you say something as ludicrous as what I quoted shows me you don't even understand why the union is here to protect people like you.

Just imagine Red saying "Well..... None of this would have been an issue if UPS would have just given us raises when it wasn't negotiating time and then created more FT jobs out of the kindness of their hearts!"

Think people would follow him like they are now?

U(s)PS Guy

You might be the most unobservant person on the planet. This will be complicated for you, but do it: go back to the post you originally quoted and read it again. Then, go back to the post where Usps Guy pointed out how you didn't understand that post's original meaning when you quoted it (and said it was incorrect mathematically, which it was not..... if you understood a simple point). Then get back to us buddy! I know you can put this one together if you try real hard.

you know i'm pulling for this guy, I really am....but this might be too much of a stretch.

satellitedriver

Just imagine Red saying "Well..... None of this would have been an issue if UPS would have just given us raises when it wasn't negotiating time and then created more FT jobs out of the kindness of their hearts!"

Think people would follow him like they are now?
Just like the Peter Piper fable.
Follow your piper.

M

McLeod

Rocky....Why do you weigh in on this conversation when you don't work for UPS? After reading your posts of the last year or so you talk of how you were such a hero out in Denver as a helper and you worked part-time in the hub there also. But if I remember you had a post here a while ago about weather you should stay or go from this forum...actually a polling it was. I thought the result was most could care less if you stayed!!

LOL, CACH. Wasn't that just a tad low?? And FYI....those small business owners are the future.

I'm curious.....if I were the Executive Vice President of Distribution for Pampered Chef (an account UPS lost for unknown reasons despite its proximity to ADDIL) would you give me the same smart-aleck response? I still know people--union and not--at ADDIL. Their volume dropped almost 40K the day Pampered Chef left.

And as I've said before, I'm very pro-union......for the 'old reasons.' My understanding is that Casey invited the IBT in for many reasons--official and unofficial--but one was to act as a 'check and balance' on corporate conduct. I don't care for the new union culture. JMHO.....-Rocky

I don`t care who you still know Rock. Unlike you I have stuck with the company for 20 some years,held every position on my way up the ladder,been screwed by the company at times and also by the previously in bed with UPS union regime,And even personally picked up your precious Pampered Chef. But also unlike you I have taken the good with the bad and still supported my union with no thoughts of ever crossing a picket line and still when worked hard for the company when we did have a contract.

This is a serious matter, Pebble, so if you want to chime in go do it in the life after UPS thread. Leave the contract talks to us,at least Tie still works at the place. Now go give your enlarger a few more pumps and try and not get Princess Leia too sticky.

tieguy

Banned
Locals that have signed on for local 705 support and picket line extensions are NORCAL Marty Frates, locals 396 and 63 in south california, locals 804 and 25 with more callimg as we speak. I guess chicagos not in this alone after all.

Heres a link to our strike vote turnout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7BY8K4H1k8

Star wars theme to start. Font too weak impossible to read. Lot of top of the head shots. No interviews? Only shows about 100 people tops. If you had lines lined up around the building then that would have been more impressive.

Last edited: