Strike in Chicago?

Camping Nana

I was thinking about this topic today.

Being the devils advocate here.

Look at what UPS might be thinking here. Only 3000 out of 13000 voted,,,hardly a majority. UPS just might be saying to themselves..GO AHEAD AND GO ON STRIKE! The higher paying/vacation time and benifit personel have went on strike and walked off the job. You earn strike pay...no benifits and you can't collect unemployment compensation because it's a labor dispute and YOU walked off the job! So, UPS will just hire replacement workers.

Once again...it's going to be hard to sell the public that lifes soooo tough for you when so many people are unemployed and have NO health insurance.

How come when you log onto www.TEAMSTERS.org ....you don't read anything on this big strike talk. So if the National Union don't recognize the Strike vote...why should UPS??

Members of Local 705 and 710 do understand while you're out standing with your signs in front of the UPS buildings at STRIKE PAY, The Union officials that you so proudly voted in office are still COLLECTING FULL PAY AND BENIFITS.

I agree with the bolded above! I sincerely hope that you are completely aware of what could very well happen to your families if you choose to strike in this economy! There are lots of people that would love to have what you have now (pay, benefits, etc....) I don't know all the ins and outs of the 705/710 situation and why they aren't included in the master agreement - but ..... this is not the time to call any employer's bluff..... JMHO

satellitedriver

The public is now aware that we were offered 15cents in raises, while the company has no problem spending millions on nascar and a washed up horse. Im willing to beat we would win this pr campaign. Unless of course mullet boy comes out with something interesting. We all know it wont happen.
When the nation(public as you call it) learns that you already earn $70,000.00 a year and $ 30,000.00 in benefits, they might give pause.

In '94 our building did a one day strike/walk out over the 150 lb weight limit. They came back the next day with 2 days of work on their cars. The second day everything was loaded down the middle.

705red

Browncafe Steward
So, it just wasn't me.
Class act.
Maybe, the local could pitch in and buy him a razor.
Why does he need to shave? Ptimers do not need to shave and can barely afford to drive to work. But yet a scab like yourself feels like judging someone. Unless you have something insightful to add your scab opinion is not welcome. You couldnt vote on your contract because you are not even a teamster ups driver, you lost that right when you withdrew form the teamsters. When you start having a say so in your contract maybe you can speak on ours!

drewed

Shankman
Why does he need to shave? Ptimers do not need to shave and can barely afford to drive to work. But yet a scab like yourself feels like judging someone. Unless you have something insightful to add your scab opinion is not welcome. You couldnt vote on your contract because you are not even a teamster ups driver, you lost that right when you withdrew form the teamsters. When you start having a say so in your contract maybe you can speak on ours!

was he a pter?

youre pters cant drive to work because you didnt care about them in the last contract, thats why theyre going to be making minimum wage.

Dutch Dawg

When chicagoans say united we stand what the really mean is:

I won't join everyone else when they talk contract.

I'll have mine later

I'll look to better whatever you get.

I'll look for your help if my seperate talks go sour.

I'll look for you to risk your house and personal finances supporting me if my special talks go sour.

So where you should have symbiotic unionism instead you have a parasitic union relationship where chicago gets all the benifits.

It's all a matter of perspective relative to an individual's viewpoint. Let's face it, that's what we're really debating here; opinion.

...I'll look for you to risk your house and personal finances supporting me if my special talks go sour....

Tie, how many days have I been reading in your posts that should it come to a labor disruption in Chicago, the company will be all too willing to bypass those loads and redirect them elsewhere in the country, which a reasonable person would conclude will create more work for others elsewhere. Now you'd like us to believe it would immediately jeopardize all that the innocent stand to loose.

...you have a parasitic union relationship where Chicago gets all the benifits.
While that statement is catchy, it really doesn't offer any substance, I'll conclude the only real reason for it is to incite outrage in others not familar with this situtation.

Could you be a bit more specific when you state 'gets all the benifits'. I do know the current situtation enables 710 members to enjoy just enough automony to maintain their own seperate solvent pension fund. Perhaps that's something you don't believe they are entitled to. You'll have to enlighten me on those other benifits (sic)

Let's be honest here with each other. All of your commentary in any of the threads relative to current negotations in Chicago has carried a tone intent upon creating as much dissention and unrest in others as possible based primarily on your opinion as opposed to hard fact. You're just throwing stuff out there to get a negative reaction. I know you've cautioned me against anaylizing...but I can't help it. Is everything ok Tie? You seem so unhappy.

705red

Browncafe Steward
was he a pter?

youre pters cant drive to work because you didnt care about them in the last contract, thats why theyre going to be making minimum wage.
We did not negotiate the last contract in 02. We were not allowed to watch the contract ballots get counted which lead to bylaw changes. Now any 705 teamster can witness any ballot counts to ensure that it is fair. We did not vote in that 02 contract and were force feed it, which froze ptimers wages and also cut feeder jobs by creating 22.3 feeder shifters at cach.

This is the second time i have tryed explaining this to you. Would you like me to email it so you can have mommy read it to you at bedtime?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Please don`t pull your business as you stated in an earlier post. I don`t how we`ll get buy with out the revenue from shipping your "manhood enlargers",blowup dolls,and Star Wars action figures you buy on e-bay.

LOL, CACH. Wasn't that just a tad low?? And FYI....those small business owners are the future.

I'm curious.....if I were the Executive Vice President of Distribution for Pampered Chef (an account UPS lost for unknown reasons despite its proximity to ADDIL) would you give me the same smart-aleck response? I still know people--union and not--at ADDIL. Their volume dropped almost 40K the day Pampered Chef left.

And as I've said before, I'm very pro-union......for the 'old reasons.' My understanding is that Casey invited the IBT in for many reasons--official and unofficial--but one was to act as a 'check and balance' on corporate conduct. I don't care for the new union culture. JMHO.....-Rocky

brownman15

amen:happy2:

drewed

Shankman
We did not negotiate the last contract in 02. We were not allowed to watch the contract ballots get counted which lead to bylaw changes. Now any 705 teamster can witness any ballot counts to ensure that it is fair. We did not vote in that 02 contract and were force feed it, which froze ptimers wages and also cut feeder jobs by creating 22.3 feeder shifters at cach.

This is the second time i have tryed explaining this to you. Would you like me to email it so you can have mommy read it to you at bedtime?

well why didnt you strike then? seriously, more of you "rights" were taken advantage of then and why work a contract apparently no one voted for?

over10.5

Can anyone from chicago answer this question?

Did you guys vote down the N.M.A. that the rest of the states all agreed to? Or did you not get to vote on it?

Also I cant beleive that our locals arent even letting us know about this!
Nothing is posted on temster web site.

705red

Browncafe Steward
well why didnt you strike then? seriously, more of you "rights" were taken advantage of then and why work a contract apparently no one voted for?

The previous union was in bed with the company, do you understand this, again not the first time i have told you this.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Did you guys vote down the N.M.A. that the rest of the states all agreed to? Or did you not get to vote on it?

We have not been offered anything close to the national. Theres nothing to vote on yet, ups still has not given a full proposal.

I cant answer that, maybe hoffa is waiting to announce national support?

satellitedriver

Real simple, Red.
When you put a front man as a spokesman for your cause in a video, at the very least he should be presentable to the general public.
A do rag that has not been washed in a month, bad teeth and a scruff of a wanna be beard does not make a good impression to the viewing public.
You judge me, so I have a right to judge.
Welcome or not, here I am.
Your contract is your contract. I only speak to the way you are trying to propagandize your cause with such shoddy representation.

brownman15

for about the 100th time we are not part of the n.m.a. we negotiate our own contract.

drewed

Shankman
Real simple, Red.
When you put a front man as a spokesman for your cause in a video, at the very least he should be presentable to the general public.
A do rag that has not been washed in a month, bad teeth and a scruff of a wanna be beard does not make a good impression to the viewing public.
You judge me, so I have a right to judge.
Welcome or not, here I am.
Your contract is your contract. I only speak to the way you are trying to propagandize your cause with such shoddy representation.

And didnt he say in the video that they didnt increase wages in the NMA?
they do
adding ft jobs?
they did
fixing the pension
they bought it out

you Sat i think i figured it out, that guys Red! and thats why hes defending him so much! he doesnt like being hated on! haha

brownman15

And as I've said before, I'm very pro-union......for the 'old reasons.' My understanding is that Casey invited the IBT in for many reasons--official and unofficial--but one was to act as a 'check and balance' on corporate conduct. I don't care for the new union culture. JMHO.....-Rocky

i dont believe u r pro union cause u said u would crossa picket line. thats that very pro union