Strike talk reaching mainstream media

JL 0513

The media has reported all week that a strike has been diverted. Completely ruling it out. Before a vote has taken place. I know a strike is unlikely now but isn't the media being premature and mislead by this "handshake agreement"?

Box Ox

The media has reported all week that a strike has been diverted. Completely ruling it out. Before a vote has taken place. I know a strike is unlikely now but isn't the media being premature and mislead by this "handshake agreement"?

The issue is probably that the Union leadership isn’t communicating with the media while the Company is. They’ve made their dirty Contract deal and want it to go through too. So they’re allowing the Company to control the narrative.

JustDeliverIt

I think both the union and the company are blasting the media with what a great deal this is for it's workers to put pressure on us to push thru a subpar contract. Also, it gets the info out there for the majority of part time and new employees that wouldn't vote that they get these great raises right away, hopefully getting they're yes vote to carry it thru.
Again, I haven't seen anything and don't want to pass my ultimate judgement until I do. But from the highlights the union released I don't see a reason to vote yes.

Box Ox

Also, it gets the info out there for the majority of part time and new employees that wouldn't vote that they get these great raises right away, hopefully getting they're yes vote to carry it thru.

Yep. The Union didn’t explicitally say this Contract was one of the best ever negotiated in its release last week for nothing.