Strike talk reaching mainstream media

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What’s keeping them from working us sundays now during peak? They could do it now with the present language.
Hours of service regulations.
Can't reset if we are worked 7 days a week.

70 hour rule, or not....it would require at least 3 (maybe more) alternative work week schedules.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Hours of service regulations.
Can't reset if we are worked 7 days a week.

70 hour rule, or not....it would require at least 3 (maybe more) alternative work week schedules.
Man, all these posts I read from you guys that drive! You guys get screwed BIG TIME! I feel for you Brother! Sure it's great money but I know I would hate selling my soul to the company store. I hope like hell you guys get what you deserve!

browndevil

I wonder how the public will react to this?

Existing full-time drivers now earn an average of $36 an hour, or roughly $75,000 a year.
I often wonder if a National Contract was a mistake. This is a great wage in many parts of the country. But living in the SF Bay Area, those wages won't qualify you buy a house.

JL 0513

I often wonder if a National Contract was a mistake. This is a great wage in many parts of the country. But living in the SF Bay Area, those wages won't qualify you buy a house.

When it comes to specific wages, there should never be national standards when reality varies so greatly. Who the hell would ever be a driver in San Francisco or Manhattan? The only reason we do this job is for the good money where the money is actually worth something.

Same reason you can't have the same minimum wage everywhere. California and Alabama minimum wage or top rate driver wage can't be the same.

JL 0513

So now that strike talks are public, we get to be asked by everyone we know about this possibility of a strike. I'm already tired of the questions after this first weekend.

I beg to differ. It is next to the Pilots parking lot across from the AMDC building at the corner of Grade Ln and Ashbottom Road.

7F4523B4-2D13-43A6-B33C-37569419FBB0.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

So now that strike talks are public, we get to be asked by everyone we know about this possibility of a strike. I'm already tired of the questions after this first weekend.
Tell em it's FedEx. They want their holiday turkeys back or else.

I wonder how the public will react to this?

Existing full-time drivers now earn an average of $36 an hour, or roughly $75,000 a year.
A successful strike will come down to marketing. If we can make the public see it's about long hours, working conditions, and treatment they will back us. But if UPS spends more and shows how well paid we are you can forget about a public backing.

You've got to play on emotions to win.

Example:

" Because of long hours UPS workers don't get to see their kids grow up."

"Harsh working environments lead to a high percentage of UPS drivers receiving work related/career ending injuries and surgery. With UPS threatening to take benefits this will cause thousands of employees to be left crippled without a job."

"Management is trained to harrass employees and threaten their lively hood to increase production."

Gotta get stuff out there like that. The public will eat that :censored2: for breakfast lunch and dinner. But if all they here is UPS drivers make x amount if dollars, well they will pretty much day "they make way more than me so :censored2: them."

Don’t forget about the drivers that go postal in the bldg. from the pressure of everyday harassment