Strike talk reaching mainstream media

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No contractors in the ramp or hub. I use to see a cleaning service vehicle parked over at AMDC which is the aircraft parts wharehouse, but haven't in a while. That's good because that is how I had to go full time. It was a hub/housekeeping combo job.
How many ramp employees does Louisville have???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
LMAO it is from a song buddy. By the way why does Leroy Brown have to be black....
well, .I wasn’t born yet when that song came out and this is what I got when I googled Leroy brown....
F4D67710-0A44-4DFD-845D-798192B61B3C.png
all black men... ..

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
How many ramp employees does Louisville have???
I am really not sure. I know we can park 135 aircraft. The next biggest is Rockford and they can only hold 26. Topside crews range in number from 5-8 employees and that isn't counting tug drivers. We have an 8 man crew and do 3-4 planes a night. Some crews do more, some less.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am really not sure. I know we can park 135 aircraft. The next biggest is Rockford and they can only hold 26. Topside crews range in number from 5-8 employees and that isn't counting tug drivers. We have an 8 man crew and do 3-4 planes a night. Some crews do more, some less.
Do other gateways use ups ramp employees???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does ups have their own tower and air traffic controllers there???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The tower is on UPS property but handles commercial SDF flights as well.
There are some gateways that use all contracted crews that are overseen by a few part time sups and a couple full timers... I’d be curious if ky was the only place that had actual ups employees on the ramp..

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
There are some gateways that use all contracted crews that are overseen by a few part time sups and a couple full timers... I’d be curious if ky was the only place that had actual ups employees on the ramp..
I can guarantee you there are zero contractors on the ramp. We do have an outside vendor that supplies food, drink, toiletries and linens to the cockpit. Their name is Air To Ground and are right down the street.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I can guarantee you there are zero contractors on the ramp. We do have an outside vendor that supplies food, drink, toiletries and linens to the cockpit. Their name is Air To Ground and are right down the street.
I know... you just stated that... I’m talking about other airports...why don’t they use ups people on the ramp ...