Strike Vote

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Live off the 40 hours and invest the other 7.5 hours in a tax deferred plan of your choice and walk away at your first available opportunity.

That hour and a half at camp on Friday isn't worth more than the whole piece.

You can have both.
I'd rather work when I'm 60 when the kids are outta the house, and take the time with them now. My own priorities.

InsideUPS

I can't remember i just know it wasnt in person. I thought this one would be by phone/internet like the last contract vote.
Why in 2023 have we (IBT) digressed to attending an in person strike vote when in 2018 the International used electronic balloting through BallotPoint Election Services? UPS/UPSF Strike Authorization Vote

Seems rather archaic considering this is 5 years later. Not only archaic but also very selective since the majority of people I have spoken will not be attending or even know about the in person strike vote.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Why in 2023 have we (IBT) digressed to attending an in person strike vote when in 2018 the International used electronic balloting through BallotPoint Election Services? UPS/UPSF Strike Authorization Vote

Seems rather archaic considering this is 5 years later. Not only archaic but also very selective since the majority of people I have spoken will not be attending or even know about the in person strike vote.
I called a couple hubrats that weren’t in to vote for them, asked the reps and they let me, just waited for them to text me their confirmation and sent them a picture of their ballot and what I marked. I told them to stop by if they had the time, but some were out on injury or sick.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

Gets people interested

FozziesDeliveries

Aparently ours is going to be at the union hall on tuesday only from 7 am till 8 pm....... sigh...... guess i am leaving for work an hour earlier than normal to do it before hand because chances are high i won't get off in time to do it after. I was ALL about texting people to let them know the ap said it was going to be happening then I see what our local decided to do............ now i have to FORCE myself to do it let alone anyone else in my center.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Aparently ours is going to be at the union hall on tuesday only from 7 am till 8 pm....... sigh...... guess i am leaving for work an hour earlier than normal to do it before hand because chances are high i won't get off in time to do it after. I was ALL about texting people to let them know the ap said it was going to be happening then I see what our local decided to do............ now i have to FORCE myself to do it let alone anyone else in my center.
Good old Ohio

Ptrunner

Easy. I can think of two reasons. One so they don’t stay all day at an ups parking lot getting signatures. And two this is more conspiracy but to say that we didn’t vote so we can’t go on strike and get a crappy contract.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
What path is that?
Working slow and smart, taking an extra day here n there to allow my body to recover, and attempt to have a work life balance.
I appreciate a set schedule. My bid route has pickups later in the day, and I'm typically done with deliveries so my family knows when I'll be home. We don't have Saturday ground service, so forced sixth isnt a thing.
I try to eat well, stay in shape, and have a good mental outlook on life. It's been working for my family unit.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Working slow and smart, taking an extra day here n there to allow my body to recover, and attempt to have a work life balance.
I appreciate a set schedule. My bid route has pickups later in the day, and I'm typically done with deliveries so my family knows when I'll be home. We don't have Saturday ground service, so forced sixth isnt a thing.
I try to eat well, stay in shape, and have a good mental outlook on life. It's been working for my family unit.
I hope that continues to work for you, truly I do, but my 37 years tell me that could change at the whim of any manager, supervisor or PDS that comes and goes in your building.

My only message is that driving at UPS as a whole has never been a 40 hour, nine to five job.

....and it never will be for most.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I hope that continues to work for you, truly I do, but my 37 years tell me that could change at the whim of any manager, supervisor or PDS that comes and goes in your building.

My only message is that driving at UPS as a whole has never been a 40 hour, nine to five job.

....and it never will be for most.
I agree with everything here. Thanks for the insight, truly.

Yesterday our local handed out flyers for our ONE DAY strike authorization vote to be held the next day; today!
and the voting closed at 6pm when 95% of guys are still out on the road..
No advanced warning, emails, no texts, they know damn well how many guys are off and cut on Mondays! wtf! the only teeth a union has is the threat of a strike so this is how the union makes sure it has the highest participation?!?! This truly stinks of them rolling over on us!
I pray other locals are actually trying to fight for us versus this crap! If we can't or aren't allowed to vote before Friday I'm done, stopping all union dues friend these clowns! that's the only real vote we have anymore-- our money. Clearly local fatcats are not working for US.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yesterday our local handed out flyers for our ONE DAY strike authorization vote to be held the next day; today!
No advanced warning, emails, no texts, they know damn well how many guys are off and cut on Mondays! wtf! the only teeth a union has is the threat of a strike so this is how the union makes sure it has the highest participation?!?! This truly stinks of them rolling over on us!
I pray other locals are actually trying to fight for us versus this crap! If we can't or aren't allowed to vote before Friday I'm done, stopping all union dues friend these clowns! that's the only real vote we have anymore-- our money. Clearly local fatcats are not working for US.
Setting down

You mean Settle Down? OK-- a contract negotiation like this is the equivalent of the Super Bowl for the union; so our local is just winging it like Dispatch does every day? it just doesn't seem possible that they're just this stupid and unorganized given what's at stake. I hope central Texas isn't typical of what's going on out there but from this thread it seems this rush rush rush is common!

Thebrownblob

You mean Settle Down? OK-- a contract negotiation like this is the equivalent of the Super Bowl for the union; so our local is just winging it like Dispatch does every day? it just doesn't seem possible that they're just this stupid and unorganized given what's at stake. I hope central Texas isn't typical of what's going on out there but from this thread it seems this rush rush rush is common!
It was a little rushed, and I can’t speak for every local, but many locals made it work, and tried to make it as convenient as possible to exercise their right to vote.

If you’re unhappy with how your local does it, talk with your principal officer, if you’re unhappy with his response support another slate next election. Don’t quit, doesn’t help you or anyone.

govols019

You smell that?
Our local is 132 miles from our center...they will be at our center tomorrow morning for preload/drivers and will come back that evening for the local sort....it's not that hard.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Weak. Ass. Local.
16867491217294023247007694957329.jpg