Strike Vulnerable to Political and Media Pressure

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They will start negotiating the supplementals first but they won't be finished before the national. In my opinion the supplemental agreements take longer because they have more that constantly needs to be changed. National has a lot of areas that rarely get touched.

Do you remember the 2008 contract.. it was settled almost 8 Months before the deadline.

(Why the Rush?)...because the Feds passed a
Bill that applied financial penalties to underfunded pension plans.
The largest being the Central Trust.

The members in the affected conferences were so worried about the Central defaulting that they jumped on it without reading the fine print. It was a “Cut and Run” decision by the negotiating teams unfortunately they left a lot of the members in the Central and Southern behind by not improving or minimal improvements in their pensions.

Those in the Western and other plans should be very grateful that the Company did not take control of our pensions back in “97” otherwise (Everybody) nationwide would be getting the IBT/UPS formula. Which currently pays about half of what the West gets, the part timer’s pension plan under the Central and Southern compared to those under Peer 84 is criminal.

Dangler

Banned
Damn. So UPSers (mainly Drivers) are a bunch of ignorant primadonnas, full of themselves for no reason, in other Centers too? Thought it was only my own.

Good thing BC is around for you guys to LARP in.

Keep losing your wives to management while telling yourselves you’re best.

Lol.

Dangler

Banned
This site is apparently a safe space for idiots to play in without having to face reality.
Probably the only place you guys can go where everybody doesn’t dislike you, which is why some of you spend so much time on here.

I’m sure your grandkids (lol, yeah right, I know) will be impressed with all your BC war stories.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Damn. So UPSers (mainly Drivers) are a bunch of ignorant primadonnas, full of themselves for no reason, in other Centers too? Thought it was only my own.

Lol.

This site is apparently a safe space for idiots to play in without having to face reality.
Probably the only place you guys can go where everybody doesn’t dislike you, which is why some of you spend so much time on here.

I’m sure your grandkids (lol, yeah right, I know) will be impressed with all your BC war stories.

“thought so....”

:tiesmiley:

Thebrownblob

I am aware of the support buy the union could at least try to upgrade to at least twentieth- century technology. Much easier to be secretive. Lol.
New guys only been there about six months. Has already given the members more information about what the plan is than anytime in recent memory Gotta give it a chance brother. If they don’t come through I’ll be right there with you.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

Lol.
You'll never be a FT sup or a woman

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Lol.

Translation: no one here recognizes me for the genius my mommy told me I am. I'll show them and hurl infantile insults.

Thebrownblob

Translation: no one here recognizes me for the genius my mommy told me I am. I'll show them and hurl infantile insults.
I’ve had the opportunity to be involved in several organizing campaigns as well as multiple contract negotiations, and strike votes that were not UPS. The level at which management will stoop to to try and persuade people is amazing. From pulling people in private rooms and basically terrorizing them with job loss and pay loss, sending thinly veiled threats and intimidating letters. Even impersonating a concerned employee coming to someone’s home to talk to the wife about going on strike being a bad idea. On and on..the seeds of doubt and fear are what these people deal in even before we have any negotiations at all.

Last edited:

Dangler

Banned
I called it from the start
No, you didn’t.
I’m an RPCD and you’re too stupid to accurately “call” anything as is evident by your replies in this thread.

Feel free to believe whatever BS you need to in order to keep your fragile ego going.

Moreover, it appears as if many of the commenters in this thread are intimidated by the fact I have actual experience with this sort of thing and that they are all wannabe pretenders that prolly get bullied. Me posting in BC threatens the only place they have to act like tough Union guys.
Hehehe.

Thebrownblob

No, you didn’t.
I’m an RPCD and you’re too stupid to accurately “call” anything as is evident by your replies in this thread.

Feel free to believe whatever BS you need to in order to keep your fragile ego going.

Moreover, it appears as if many of the commenters in this thread are intimidated by the fact I have actual experience with this sort of thing and that they are all wannabe pretenders that prolly get bullied. Me posting in BC threatens the only place they have to act like tough Union guys.
Hehehe.
Lol You’ve got to be the most ridiculous poster ever. you join brown Café to post drivel? You got experience LOL, at what cowering? 31 year employee here 22 of them is the RPCD 19 as a steward been involved in numerous negotiations for contracts as well as strikes and lock outs, so get bent little girl.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
200 (8).gif

Thebrownblob

Would you do this job for $41 an hour? Please.
They are already paying inside employees where I am 21 an hour and $100 bonus if they show up all five days. As well as overtime after five. I’m gonna say drivers are underpaid, and a bargain for the company for everything they do.

JonDoe

Do you remember the 2008 contract.. it was settled almost 8 Months before the deadline.
Wasn't that when those two feeder drivers from North Carolina tried to start a new union? Package workers of America or something? They started to gain support and the Teamster sweated it and settled the contract before they could gain too much ground.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
@Wally You just nailed it. I've seen a lot of money spent in the 20+ years I've been with this company, and most of it has been to ensure that were the Teamsters ever to strike again, it will have a negligible effect on our day to day operations. Billions $ spent to allow anyone with a pulse, maybe a driver's license, and a vehicle to deliver our packages. Pay them $30 an hour + mileage, and they can deliver packages from a 20 year old beat up Civic and think they've won the lottery.

Once again it’s a game
Our job is to not let them

JonDoe

They are already paying inside employees where I am 21 an hour and $100 bonus if they show up all five days. As well as overtime after five. I’m gonna say drivers are underpaid, and a bargain for the company for everything they do.
I agree. Where I'm at $41 an hour is ok some places north of me you're doing great, now how about the guys in California? $41 is poverty level.

Dangler

Banned
Lol You’ve got to be the most ridiculous poster ever. you join brown Café to post drivel? You got experience LOL, at what cowering? 31 year employee here 22 of them is the RPCD 19 as a steward been involved in numerous negotiations for contracts as well as strikes and lock outs, so get bent little girl.
Okay, poseur. You can’t even grasp the importance public opinion will potentially play in a work stoppage and in this thread demonstrably try to keep Teamster discourse at the WWE level.