Strike Vulnerable to Political and Media Pressure

Dangler

Banned
The replies in here are funny.
Apparently addressing the realities of a Strike and planning on how to win it... appears to some as not wanting to Strike?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Apparently addressing the realities of a Strike and planning on how to win it... appears to some as not wanting to Strike?
E427552A-EBF0-4127-AF45-7846223BE69A.gif

Dangler

Banned
I wonder how many corporate twinks Carol Thome has absolutely crushed moving up into her executive career.

Image being some hard working Teamster getting ruthlessly beaten by some crazy looking broad wearing clown glasses all because you were too stupid to think first before acting.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Because you have yet to talk any strategy about how we can win a strike and only talk about why we shouldn't. Biden's base is supposed to be prolabor, even if only for show. It would not be a good for the democrats if he tried to step in and force us back to work without a good contract. So, now that that's settled, what other issues do you see with a strike?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Here's an example of a strategy for what a frontline package car driver can do to garner public support. Everyone just randomly replay the events, or some variation thereof, of our brother in Arizona getting woozy from heat exhaustion in front of a doorbell camera. Pick one of your most busy body customers and collapse in front of their door bell cam. Watch the internet get flooded with videos of over worked package car drivers.

When you get a complaint about how late you are delivering a package, respond with "man, if you're upset, the next 60 people are going to be furious."

Stuff like that. Over all, just be cool with your customers, and we'll have enough support from the public because we'll already have them on our side.

If you want to address what the IBT's strategy might or should be, that's fine. But generally talking about that sort of thing in a publicly viewable forum is counter-productive.

Dangler

Banned
Here's an example of a strategy for what a frontline package car driver can do to garner public support. Everyone just randomly replay the events, or some variation thereof, of our brother in Arizona getting woozy from heat exhaustion in front of a doorbell camera. Pick one of your most busy body customers and collapse in front of their door bell cam. Watch the internet get flooded with videos of over worked package car drivers.

When you get a complaint about how late you are delivering a package, respond with "man, if you're upset, the next 60 people are going to be furious."

Stuff like that. Over all, just be cool with your customers, and we'll have enough support from the public because we'll already have them on our side.

If you want to address what the IBT's strategy might or should be, that's fine. But generally talking about that sort of thing in a publicly viewable forum is counter-productive.
You have got to be very effeminate to come up with some sissy BS like that.

My idea is better: show how us Striking benefits all workers.

Karma...

there will be no strike ......why jeopardize the highest compensation in the industry......better to compromise and improve some conditions and solidify benefits......dont kill the golden goose......better to concentrate on unionizing federal express and amazon........so far limited progress has been made with them........the next president and government will be republican in nature.........good luck to all and keep the money flowing......

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
there will be no strike ......why jeopardize the highest compensation in the industry......better to compromise and improve some conditions and solidify benefits......dont kill the golden goose......better to concentrate on unionizing federal express and amazon........so far limited progress has been made with them........the next president and government will be republican in nature.........good luck to all and keep the money flowing......

Can't enjoy the money if you got worked to death or career ending injury.

Dangler

Banned
Why does it need to benefit "all" workers?
Disclaimer: By “it” I’m guessing you mean strike.

Because Amazon, Walmart, and everybody that is invested in them are not going to let Sean O’Brien carry out his plans without fighting back and we will need all the support we can get to counter negative PR and media attention.

Wait till CNN runs footage of Americans “suffering” because of a potential Strike with the interviewee saying “UPS Drivers are already getting $40 an hour, what else do they want?”.

Anybody that doesn’t think the above is possible is living in a dream world.

Go after Amazon and Walmart (which is what we should be doing, right?) and expect them to hit back hard as hell.

The best way to communicate how our possible work stoppage would be in all Worker’s best interests is to probably just tell them O’Brian wants to use UPS as a springboard to attack the corporate monopoly.

Nah
Disclaimer: By “it” I’m guessing you mean strike.

Because Amazon, Walmart, and everybody that is invested in them are not going to let Sean O’Brien carry out his plans without fighting back and we will need all the support we can get to counter negative PR and media attention.

Wait till CNN runs footage of Americans “suffering” because of a potential Strike with the interviewee saying “UPS Drivers are already getting $40 an hour, what else do they want?”.

Anybody that doesn’t think the above is possible is living in a dream world.

Go after Amazon and Walmart (which is what we should be doing, right?) and expect them to hit back hard as hell.

The best way to communicate how our possible work stoppage would be in all Worker’s best interests is to probably just tell them O’Brian wants to use UPS as a springboard to attack the corporate monopoly.
Why are you dodging the question?

And the contract negotiation is between the Teamsters and UPS. Who gives a :censored2: what anyone else thinks. They don't get a vote. They don't matter.