Strike Vulnerable to Political and Media Pressure

Thebrownblob

Wasn't that when those two feeder drivers from North Carolina tried to start a new union? Package workers of America or something? They started to gain support and the Teamster sweated it and settled the contract before they could gain too much ground.
I remember that group, don’t remember what happened to them they just kind of disappeared.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We cannot worry about our “image” when striking. If 1/5 people strongly agree with us then I will gladly take it. Also, it would be a good opportunity for the kids to learn about strike dynamics and perhaps they could even do a project on it. Hopefully the other companies such as Amazon and Starbucks will support us!

@olroadbeech not again

Thebrownblob

Okay, poseur. You can’t even grasp the importance public opinion will potentially play in a work stoppage and in this thread demonstrably try to keep Teamster discourse at the WWE level.
I don’t believe I ever said that, I believe I said the international is handling that, try to keep up. what do you know about everything they’re doing to gain traction both at the political level and as much support as possible in communities? What do you know about what your local is doing? I’m going to guess you know nothing? That’s not our role
As members.

No, you didn’t.
I’m an RPCD and you’re too stupid to accurately “call” anything as is evident by your replies in this thread.

Feel free to believe whatever BS you need to in order to keep your fragile ego going.

Moreover, it appears as if many of the commenters in this thread are intimidated by the fact I have actual experience with this sort of thing and that they are all wannabe pretenders that prolly get bullied. Me posting in BC threatens the only place they have to act like tough Union guys.
Hehehe.
Holy hell

Dangler

Banned
I don’t believe I ever said that, I believe I said the international is handling that, try to keep up. what do you know about everything they’re doing to gain traction both at the political level and as much support as possible in communities? What do you know about what your local is doing? I’m going to guess you know nothing? That’s not our role
As members.
You’ve been ridiculing the importance of public opinion this whole thread, correct me if I’m wrong.

One doesn’t need to see what the Locals are doing to see what they are NOT doing.

Do you not hear what Sean O’Brien is saying?

If you think taking on Amazon, Starbucks, and Walmart isn’t going to require individual discipline, bearing, and the ability to communicate ourselves in a way that gains support from the public, you’re just a poseur, because you can’t even treat the situation with enough seriousness to fully consider it.

Thebrownblob

You’ve been ridiculing the importance of public opinion this whole thread, correct me if I’m wrong.

One doesn’t need to see what the Locals are doing to see what they are NOT doing.

Do you not hear what Sean O’Brien is saying?

If you think taking on Amazon, Starbucks, and Walmart isn’t going to require individual discipline, bearing, and the ability to communicate ourselves in a way that gains support from the public, you’re just a poseur, because you can’t even treat the situation with enough seriousness to fully consider it.
OK you’re wrong, i’m ridiculing the fact that you don’t know what you’re talking about with what’s going on.
Sean is taking a hard public stance good for him that’s what he should do that’s what we haven’t done for the last 20 years.

It’s sort of weird because maybe I wasn’t at my state capital two weeks ago with a delegation of union members and leaders discussing labor and contractual issues as well as driverless vehicles with the legislature?

It’s weird because maybe that’s not going on all over the country right now? Well in fact it is. Next time you join a community come actually to getting on first before you start spouting things you’re not aware of.

Dangler

Banned
Say all the stupid crap you want. If you discount the necessity public opinion will have come 08/23 there’s nothing you can do to make me think you’re even partly serious and that your opinions are worth anything more than a cow’s fart.

Dangler

Banned
OK you’re wrong, i’m ridiculing the fact that you don’t know what you’re talking about with what’s going on.
Sean is taking a hard public stance good for him that’s what he should do that’s what we haven’t done for the last 20 years.

It’s sort of weird because maybe I wasn’t at my state capital two weeks ago with a delegation of union members and leaders discussing labor and contractual issues as well as driverless vehicles with the legislature?

It’s weird because maybe that’s not going on all over the country right now? Well in fact it is. Next time you join a community come actually to getting on first before you start spouting things you’re not aware of.
No, it really isn’t clear what your initial problem with my posts were upon rereading the thread.

Looks like you got threatened by me for some reason, which I wouldn’t even normally consider a possibility, but your sensitive demeanor shows you starting posting in here on the defensive. You and a couple other guys.

I don’t care whose coat-tails you didn’t ride to your state legislature. A guy who doesn’t understand the things I’m talking about surely wasn’t doing anything productive while there.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Say all the stupid crap you want. If you discount the necessity public opinion will have come 08/23 there’s nothing you can do to make me think you’re even partly serious and that your opinions are worth anything more than a cow’s fart.

Nobody's discounting the importance of public opinion. That's Captain Obvious gets promoted to Major Obvious level stuff there. It's that you say it, as if everyone doesn't already know it, and offer no meaningful ideas for how to get the public on our side. Nor do you even offer real evidence that the public wouldn't be supportive. Just speculation and assumption. Then you insult anyone who calls you out for your unhelpful posts.

Dangler

Banned
Nobody's discounting the importance of public opinion. That's Captain Obvious gets promoted to Major Obvious level stuff there. It's that you say it, as if everyone doesn't already know it, and offer no meaningful ideas for how to get the public on our side. Nor do you even offer real evidence that the public wouldn't be supportive. Just speculation and assumption. Then you insult anyone who calls you out for your unhelpful posts.
You do realize this generalization of the thread can be compared with the actual thread?

What you’re talking about is the conversation I was hoping to have.

Getting attacked by a bunch of bizarrely sensitive, and passive aggressive, Teamsters wasn’t what I had in mind.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No, you didn’t.
I’m an RPCD and you’re too stupid to accurately “call” anything as is evident by your replies in this thread.

Feel free to believe whatever BS you need to in order to keep your fragile ego going.

Moreover, it appears as if many of the commenters in this thread are intimidated by the fact I have actual experience with this sort of thing and that they are all wannabe pretenders that prolly get bullied. Me posting in BC threatens the only place they have to act like tough Union guys.
Hehehe.

Calm down Susie
Did you take your meds today?

Thebrownblob

From a guy that just joined who no one has any idea who you are or what your intentions or agenda really are? You didn’t answer my question on what the international is doing because you don’t know, nor do you know what’s going on at your own local I’m sure. But somehow you know it’s just not happening? Zero credibility here sir. Cow farts indeed😂

Thebrownblob

Are you even an RPCD?
Imagine joining a message a year before the contract to only obsess and fearmonger about what the public thinks without even knowing what’s really happening at your international union or your local union. How about some contract proposals? A strike is not eminent, before we even negotiate. Lol suspicious to say the least.

Dangler

Banned
From a guy that just joined who no one has any idea who you are or what your intentions or agenda really are? You didn’t answer my question on what the international is doing because you don’t know, nor do you know what’s going on at your own local I’m sure. But somehow you know it’s just not happening? Zero credibility here sir. Cow farts indeed😂
So this is why you responded so sensitively and defensively to this thread, because I’m a new guy here. Do you always get threatened by new guys?