STRIKE!

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
The agreement put before us is a joke. If they do not have something we can work with by August 1st we should strike. No extensions. If we let them pay other drivers less for the same job then we have lost everything we have fought for in years past.

Safebychoice

I hope we do strike simply so I can cross the picket line and really get on managements good side. That said, we all know we ain’t striking. When both sides agree to an extension you already know everyone is going to play nice.

KenYouDigIt

Heard from the old timers that's what went down last strike ....extension = closer to peak ...LL.BEAN : YOU GUYS OK? .....strike = see you never LL bean.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Heard from the old timers that's what went down last strike ....extension = closer to peak ...LL.BEAN : YOU GUYS OK? .....strike = see you never LL bean.
Yeah a lot has changed in 21 years. Who would you ship with come October? A company that has an unsettled labor dispute? That’ll do wonders for the stock price too.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I hope we do strike simply so I can cross the picket line and really get on managements good side. That said, we all know we ain’t striking. When both sides agree to an extension you already know everyone is going to play nice.

I just read on this site that UPS is the third largest private employer, next to Walmart and Amazon. If this tentative agreement is voted down they will go back to the table and that process will continue much like the pilots and airline mechanics have. We do have the right to call a strike and it does give the power for the International to give notice and walk but does anybody seriously thinks there will be one with the damage that it would do to the nation's economy. The last one lasted 2 weeks, this one would last 2 hours before the Feds start running the show. The last strike was history making and that was before cell phones, 24 hour cable news and high speed internet, it would have a devastating effect on every business in america.

Saying that why would anybody in their right mine would vote "yes" on the first contract when we know that it will better on the second, third, fourth and five time. One of the first rules of negotiations is to never take the first offer, if this one needs more work send it back. It is that simple.

Watch out for the fear mongering out there..The "Closed Shop" button pushing by stupid people..Management or Not..do not fall for it (get the big picture) folks.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Stop asking that. This is a union, a brotherhood, and there's more to voting "yes" or "no" than just "me."
I understand the principles behind unionism and solidarity.

I will continue to try to get individuals to share how this new language will directly effect them.

It is important.

If they don't want to share it is is their right, decision and business.

@Bastiatian how might this new 22.4 language and job directly effect you?

KOG72

I’m full of it
047070B6-6CCA-40B8-A966-38364C00B893.gif

km3

I understand the principles behind unionism and solidarity.

I will continue to try to get individuals to share how this new language will directly effect them.

It is important.

If they don't want to share it is is their right, decision and business.

@Bastiatian how might this new 22.4 language and job directly effect you?

It won't, but it's still bad language. At a minimum, there need to be severe monetary penalties for using more 22.4s than allowed, working them when RPCDs are laid off, and using them as an excuse not to hire more RPCDs.

Big Babooba

Back in '97 we had one person who crossed. When all was settled, management had no respect for that person. They were gone within a month.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It won't, but it's still bad language. At a minimum, there need to be severe monetary penalties for using more 22.4s than allowed, working them when RPCDs are laid off, and using them as an excuse not to hire more RPCDs.
Thank you for your direct answer. I appreciate your willingness to share this.

Were not these issues addressed in the conference call.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The agreement put before us is a joke. If they do not have something we can work with by August 1st we should strike. No extensions. If we let them pay other drivers less for the same job then we have lost everything we have fought for in years past.
Whacha' going to do if it is approved?