Stupid Worthless new-hires

watdaflock?

I can get past all they screw ups when they bury crap on the floor or misplace a box here and there but when I come into work and you don’t have half the crap loaded and you’re on your ass on the phone taking pictures of yourself I just want to strangle him glad the week is almost over this worthless kid has been here 3 weeks. Godforbid he be the managers kid just my luck. I’ve came in early and just watched him throw small crap behind his lip loads. And I swear to god he is screwing with me every other package is turned wrong or sharpie marks on all of the scanning barcodes. “It slipped and the sharpie marked it.” Just want to punch his throat and curb stomp him as many lies as he spews every day.
haha, apparently you should have worked harder in school.

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

I can get past all they screw ups when they bury crap on the floor or misplace a box here and there but when I come into work and you don’t have half the crap loaded and you’re on your ass on the phone taking pictures of yourself I just want to strangle him glad the week is almost over this worthless kid has been here 3 weeks. Godforbid he be the managers kid just my luck. I’ve came in early and just watched him throw small crap behind his lip loads. And I swear to god he is screwing with me every other package is turned wrong or sharpie marks on all of the scanning barcodes. “It slipped and the sharpie marked it.” Just want to punch his throat and curb stomp him as many lies as he spews every day.

I've had new hires that have also messed up my truck, but I always remember that they are just kids. Most of the preloaders in my center are teenagers..... So I don't let it get to me. Bottom line.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I've had new hires that have also messed up my truck, but I always remember that they are just kids. Most of the preloaders in my center are teenagers..... So I don't let it get to me. Bottom line.

It’s a hard job too. Not complicated but physically demanding and it can still be stressful with all the yelling going on and the amount they expect you to load in a short time. If you can do a decent job with a three car pick then they would rather have you do a mediocre job on a four car pick.

meritocracy

You want better loaders? Advocate for better wages and career progression for part-timers so we have better people and less turnover. Most loaders and unloaders suck at the job, don't care, call in sick all the time, or quit after a short period of time because the job is difficult, performance is constantly being evaluated, there's basically no solidarity (due to turnover and part-timers being a low priority for others in the union), and the pay and benefits aren't good enough to justify giving a damn.

PT Car Washer

You want better loaders? Advocate for better wages and career progression for part-timers so we have better people and less turnover. Most loaders and unloaders suck at the job, don't care, call in sick all the time, or quit after a short period of time because the job is difficult, performance is constantly being evaluated, there's basically no solidarity (due to turnover and part-timers being a low priority for others in the union), and the pay and benefits aren't good enough to justify giving a damn.
It's a lot easier to blame everything on a $15/hr PTer with no benefits who the Union can charge a $600 initiation fee.

Yolo

A little sharpie on the barcode isn't going to stop you from scanning it. Sounds like you need to get better at your job.

MrBates

There's a hu$tle to be made from your situation brother. Just work safe, and be consistent. I personally don't care how the truck looks in the morning, but I do know one thing...when the load is bad, I'm going to make some more money that day. I love running straight air and coming back again to do grounds. I'll drive ALL night.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
There's a hu$tle to be made from your situation brother. Just work safe, and be consistent. I personally don't care how the truck looks in the morning, but I do know one thing...when the load is bad, I'm going to make some more money that day. I love running straight air and coming back again to do grounds. I'll drive ALL night.
WE HAVE 14 HOURS TO COMPLETE THE SHIFT SAFELY
✊🧔

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
START. US. EARLIER!!!!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

START. US. EARLIER!!!!
I was gonna post something about this.

It doesn't matter how good of a loader you are.
You get three or four blown out trucks in 3.5 hours?

It's gonna be a rough load.
The pay is decent, there is career progression, and some of us DO try.
But if you cut our hours to the bone, we just won't be able to get the job done.

Maybe that's why we're not done by driver start time, huh?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I was gonna post something about this.

It doesn't matter how good of a loader you are.
You get three or four blown out trucks in 3.5 hours?

It's gonna be a rough load.
The pay is decent, there is career progression, and some of us DO try.
But if you cut our hours to the bone, we just won't be able to get the job done.

Maybe that's why we're not done by driver start time, huh?
You STILL can't get the trucks done for $20 an hour. Especially since the company sees it as "we paid you more, load another truck". A certain slumlord was right, PT was a mistake.

nWo

It can take awhile to get a rhythm down in preloading. I'm certainly not going to :censored2: on someone new for not being flawless. 3-4 trucks, conveyor belt jammed, some hs dropout pt sup screaming at you and then you have crybaby drivers.

I'm delivering one stop at a time regardless of load quality and stop count. If the load is up to my liking I'll pull over and take a few minutes to fix it.

We complain about new hires but we treat them like :censored2:. Maybe stop treating them like :censored2: and their results would improve.

quad decade guy

I had a terrible loader it was so bad that I stopped the truck then sent In a message to the center that I was going to unload and load my truck in a parking lot. I took a picture of the packages in the parking lot then after I finished I sent a message in that it took from 11:00am till 11:50am after that I took my hr lunch. I ran 2 hrs over that day. The next day I had a different loader 🤔. Best lesson I learned before I retired was that no problem is a problem until it becomes a problem to management. My last years I never tried to solve their problems I just made sure they suffered the consequences. If I had to much air. I didn’t say a thing I just had late air. When they ask why I said “too many air stops” then they said “Did you let anyone know you had to many stops” My reply was “You dispatch I deliver what you give me” A couple times of that and they made sure to take air off me. Instead of me stressing and driving like a maniac I made it their problem. Use your head and you can do this in almost any situation. Good Luck!
I had a manager that wanted to fire me badly....His approach was to load up my air stops to cover my entire area plus another. He demanded to know how many air stops I had before leaving the building. Ok. But I'd only count them after start time, PCM etc. Well, any help had already left the building before I could count them. He'd have me leave anyway......well, that meant I had late air after 10:30. Well, that put me on a daily report to the Division Mgr. She took a keen interest in firing me also. Eventually leading to an intent to terminate. My manager said he would bring out all the evidence at panel.....I said ok, let's do it. Nothing further ever came of it. He got a new assignment and we got a new Division Mgr. Shrug.

Most folks don't know that there are reports of just about everything. With most of them being best to least best. If you are too "productive" as in under-allowed....someone is going to notice. Red flag. Too over....red flag.

For example: I might have 27 air stops...spread all over my area. My sporh might be 15. I wouldn't get to area until 9:30.....leaving one hour to deliver 27 stops....see?

You say production is not recognized by the union? That may be so.....but it leads to other potential problems that are recognized.

No? BS. They are and I've seen them stick. It's like a cop following a car. You'll eventually make a mistake.

quad decade guy

If they're on the right shelf who cares? And even if they aren't, oh well, you're getting paid to find those pieces. Get the bulk off and sort.
Not quite that easy. This leads to a cascade of problems and time delays on a daily basis. This leads to stress and missed pkgs and stops....even pickups. The only solution is for preload to do it's job correctly and on time. Yes, you are getting paid but this is not how the system was designed yet we are held accountable. It's not right or fair.