Stupid Worthless new-hires

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Not quite that easy. This leads to a cascade of problems and time delays on a daily basis. This leads to stress and missed pkgs and stops....even pickups. The only solution is for preload to do it's job correctly and on time. Yes, you are getting paid but this is not how the system was designed yet we are held accountable. It's not right or fair.
Figures a boomer will tell preload to hurry up, it was easy in the day

Whither

Scofflaw
Not quite that easy. This leads to a cascade of problems and time delays on a daily basis. This leads to stress and missed pkgs and stops....even pickups. The only solution is for preload to do it's job correctly and on time. Yes, you are getting paid but this is not how the system was designed yet we are held accountable. It's not right or fair.
If the load is really so terrible that it may lead to service failures, then any driver worth their salt knows to put the responsibility right back on management's shoulders. It's not hard. You send messages. Awful loads are frustrating when you're a rookie out in the blind. Once you have experience, sure, it makes the day more difficult until you're able to get your air and bulk off and may even add considerable time to your day. *Shrug*

The only way preload could be fixed is if rank and file Teamsters pushed both the IBT and UPS -- and we would have to push very hard since it's been, what, 4 decades since the company and the union agreed to turn preload into a high turnover throwaway job.

It's hard to miss that the loads are usually bad because 1. loading is hard work and a skill 2. the low pay doesn't honor that, so as a rule it's only worth it to those planning to go FT or for the insurance 3. therefore preload is constantly understaffed and chock full of inexperienced rookies who don't have much reason to take pride in their work. As for why preload is late, again, that's on the company. They could start earlier and provide adequate facilities/equipment for all the additional volume they've decided to accept.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I can get past all they screw ups when they bury crap on the floor or misplace a box here and there but when I come into work and you don’t have half the crap loaded and you’re on your ass on the phone taking pictures of yourself I just want to strangle him glad the week is almost over this worthless kid has been here 3 weeks. Godforbid he be the managers kid just my luck. I’ve came in early and just watched him throw small crap behind his lip loads. And I swear to god he is screwing with me every other package is turned wrong or sharpie marks on all of the scanning barcodes. “It slipped and the sharpie marked it.” Just want to punch his throat and curb stomp him as many lies as he spews every day.
Your writing gives me a headache.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Load quality. Lol
Just wait til you’re in a rental and the guy who loaded your truck is a peak hire who just started two hours ago and doesn’t know what you mean when you ask “where’d you put the air?”

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I had a good loader once. She lasted 3 weeks.
This new guy I talked to a couple times but we’re 6 months into his UPS career seeing each other every single day and he’s yet to initiate one conversation with me and gives me the “yeah ok” whenever I make a suggestion
I send ALL of his misloads in, even the ones I know I can hand off at air drop or run on my way back in without telling the center (to cover the preloaders ass)
Don’t friend’ with me

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I can get past all they screw ups when they bury crap on the floor or misplace a box here and there but when I come into work and you don’t have half the crap loaded and you’re on your ass on the phone taking pictures of yourself I just want to strangle him glad the week is almost over this worthless kid has been here 3 weeks. Godforbid he be the managers kid just my luck. I’ve came in early and just watched him throw small crap behind his lip loads. And I swear to god he is screwing with me every other package is turned wrong or sharpie marks on all of the scanning barcodes. “It slipped and the sharpie marked it.” Just want to punch his throat and curb stomp him as many lies as he spews every day.
Did you have a point?

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
This new guy I talked to a couple times but we’re 6 months into his UPS career seeing each other every single day and he’s yet to initiate one conversation with me and gives me the “yeah ok” whenever I make a suggestion
I send ALL of his misloads in, even the ones I know I can hand off at air drop or run on my way back in without telling the center (to cover the preloaders ass)
Don’t friend’ with me

p
Don’t friend’ with me

so because he doesn’t kiss your ass you act petty lol?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Don’t friend’ with me
They don't care, they want PT out of the building. I'm gonna be dealing with "stealing time" even though it was on a pull that had a sup-in-training doing it

Don’t friend’ with me
They know when you deliver misload even when you don't send it in because it shows up as an off-route.
Nobody has ever said anything to me but if I can run one off that isn't too far out of the way I will do it without sending it in as a misload

pkgdriver

It does not matter anyways the updated system will flag a misload even if the spelling is 1 letter incorrect on the box. It's pretty lax but any stewards or BAs reading here should be made aware that the company's misload reports should no longer be trusted at face value.
What is this updated system? (serious question)😀

Whither

Scofflaw
They know when you deliver misload even when you don't send it in because it shows up as an off-route.
Nobody has ever said anything to me but if I can run one off that isn't too far out of the way I will do it without sending it in as a misload
Here most of the misloads are far away bc the geniuses have us lined up so chaotically. It's an older building, pkg cars crammed in like sardines, and my neighbors on either side are 10 mile drives from my area. Also I'm a 900 starter and have to wait on 915 starters ahead of me to leave 😂😂

Zurion

It doesn't matter how good of a loader you are.
You get three or four blown out trucks in 3.5 hours?

It's gonna be a rough load.
Recently they've had me covering some of our city routes, almost always go out blown out, and it's basically the whole belt in the same situation. The load is never perfect, but when I see my loader when I come in he looks absolutely gassed, and he isn't out of shape. I haven't said :censored2:, I'll figure it out brother, you did your part

handleubb29392

It can take awhile to get a rhythm down in preloading. I'm certainly not going to * on someone new for not being flawless. 3-4 trucks, conveyor belt jammed, some hs dropout pt sup screaming at you and then you have crybaby drivers.

I'm delivering one stop at a time regardless of load quality and stop count. If the load is up to my liking I'll pull over and take a few minutes to fix it.

We complain about new hires but we treat them like *. Maybe stop treating them like * and their results would improve.
This is something I can't stand is cry baby drivers like I'm sorry your load is not perfect but I'm juggling 3 others it's not all about you

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You want better loaders? Advocate for better wages and career progression for part-timers so we have better people and less turnover. Most loaders and unloaders suck at the job, don't care, call in sick all the time, or quit after a short period of time because the job is difficult, performance is constantly being evaluated, there's basically no solidarity (due to turnover and part-timers being a low priority for others in the union), and the pay and benefits aren't good enough to justify giving a damn.

is what it is
You want more money get a full time job
Plenty of opportunities

Whereistheunion

Our job is challenging, I feel your pain. We fight with Orion all day our overpaid babysitting supervisors don't care the managers don't care nor have time. The part time preload supervisor won't train and don't care. So we always get a young burnout that throws pkgs around like Tom Brady and me & you are the victims of a absolutely 💯 BS load broken and open Boxes stuff all over the truck. Crushed pkgs, pal labels over the bar code pal labels over the address and half the barcode missing. Can't find 4 of the 6 because it's under the irregs in the back of car because it fits there. YEP I get it