Stupid Worthless new-hires

meritocracy

is what it is
You want more money get a full time job
Plenty of opportunities
I do have a full-time job. UPS is a secondary job to complement my primary full-time job. Not sure how anyone could possibly attain financial stability with just one PT job. I couldn't even do it on my one "good" full-time job.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
I had a good loader once. She lasted 3 weeks.
This new guy I talked to a couple times but we’re 6 months into his UPS career seeing each other every single day and he’s yet to initiate one conversation with me and gives me the “yeah ok” whenever I make a suggestion
I send ALL of his misloads in, even the ones I know I can hand off at air drop or run on my way back in without telling the center (to cover the preloaders ass)
Don’t friend’ with me
I send in all misloads anyway because that is my job. It’s not out of hatred, it’s just what I’m paid to do. Do you guys not?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I send in all misloads anyway because that is my job. It’s not out of hatred, it’s just what I’m paid to do. Do you guys not?
Eh, mine are always on my way back to center. I’m at the very end of my loop and drive through my neighbors stuff to get home every night. Most of the time I’ll just deliver them; knowing that if I do send it in, the preloaded will get dinged for a misload the next day and probably harassed about it. Although, this is in dispute with the new Orion upgrade and SCAN EVERYTHING push.
If I know there’s no chance I’ll get to it or it’s way out of area of course I send it in right away. I just always looked at it like, if I can avoid implicating a union brother, why wouldn’t I?

El Correcto

god is dead
Eh, mine are always on my way back to center. I’m at the very end of my loop and drive through my neighbors stuff to get home every night. Most of the time I’ll just deliver them; knowing that if I do send it in, the preloaded will get dinged for a misload the next day and probably harassed about it. Although, this is in dispute with the new Orion upgrade and SCAN EVERYTHING push.
If I know there’s no chance I’ll get to it or it’s way out of area of course I send it in right away. I just always looked at it like, if I can avoid implicating a union brother, why wouldn’t I?
From what I understand it is mainly just preload management’s numbers. Your union part timers aren’t getting walked out over it.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
From what I understand it is mainly just preload management’s numbers. Your union part timers aren’t getting walked out over it.
Oh yah. Definitely not a big deal. I just know I always hated it when those preload sup friend’ers came up to me about it, and they did EVERY time. Loading a few thousand pkgs a week with very few misloads means they put some good effort into the job. Which means I’m gonna tip during Christmas and try to have their back in general when it comes to the job.

Drink Craft Beer

I was called in a few times for misloads / bad pal labels. I just straight up told them that I can't guarantee that it won't happen again because that would mean I would expect myself to be perfect and we both know, nobody's perfect.

Plus, the PT supes are the ones who are suppose to be training the new loaders. If your load is bad, then you should be bitching at the PT supe, not the new loader. Long gone are the days where a new guy/gal was put with a veteran loader who would show him/her how to load that vets area. Usually lasted close to a week of that before giving the newbie their own route to load.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I can get past all they screw ups when they bury crap on the floor or misplace a box here and there but when I come into work and you don’t have half the crap loaded and you’re on your ass on the phone taking pictures of yourself I just want to strangle him glad the week is almost over this worthless kid has been here 3 weeks. Godforbid he be the managers kid just my luck. I’ve came in early and just watched him throw small crap behind his lip loads. And I swear to god he is screwing with me every other package is turned wrong or sharpie marks on all of the scanning barcodes. “It slipped and the sharpie marked it.” Just want to punch his throat and curb stomp him as many lies as he spews every day.
Actually the way i was trained was to lip load and stick smalls behind the boxes with labels facing out