Success Tales of Employees Seeking Greener Pastures.

vantexan

After a Decade of chasing my tail, I am starting to think it is time to seek employment elsewhere. I won't bemoan the common things we all gripe about. Anyone that's been with Express for a little while knows the deal. Anyone have any good stories about former employees riding off successfully?
I'm leaving expediting in a month to go back overseas. My company is always looking for someone. It's tiring but on the other hand I listen to Dish satellite tv on my phone, have Wi-Fi with my phone's hotspot, gross $4000+ a month, no CDL or DOT physical required. You really have to like driving though. The physical work beyond driving is minimal and easy.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Assuming you went from FT day route at Express to a regular day route at UPS? Big switch at first in terms of stops? But get the hang of it quick....

Yes I had a FT day route at Express. I have my own route now, but it's a training route so I get bumped off it occasionally. But regardless of what route I do, the pay is the same so the same route everyday is a mute point. When I get more seniority, I'll probably bid on a non training route.

I had one of the heavier routes at Express, just over 100. UPS is more work, but also greater rewards. Learning their system wasn't that different. But I wasn't anticipating the level of bs from management. No regrets though.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a 10 year driver buy a dump truck and a backhoe then quit. Today he's a multi millionaire running his own excavating business. He does lots of street and highway projects all over the upper Midwest.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
bank robbery works if you know how. interesting AMA on reddit from a bankrobber who never got caught until he turned himself in. doesnt say why he turned himself in but only got 3 years and is now writing a book.

the gist of a successful bank robbery.

1. do it alone
2.no weapon , just a note asking for 50's and 100's from one teller
3. leave bank quietly

just google this if you wanna learn more

i kept a couple of my old UPS uniforms. that's an idea.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
bank robbery works if you know how. interesting AMA on reddit from a bankrobber who never got caught until he turned himself in. doesnt say why he turned himself in but only got 3 years and is now writing a book.

the gist of a successful bank robbery.

1. do it alone
2.no weapon , just a note asking for 50's and 100's from one teller
3. leave bank quietly

just google this if you wanna learn more

i kept a couple of my old UPS uniforms. that's an idea.

have you had your meds yet today

McFeely

Huge Member
We had a couple of dudes leave the station to do real estate. One initially went PT to be a RTD and get his certificate. Once he had his real estate certificate he left Express completely.

The other one had a couple small side gigs to keep him paid while he got certified.

Both seem pretty happy with their choice and both genuinely hated being couriers, from what I could tell.

Serf

All good input. It took awhile for it to dawn on me. Probably when Express said the PPA was being capped. Your balance is "notional." Not actual money. At that moment I thought of a hamster on a wheel.

If you aren't in a white collar profession. Don't toe the line as a Cop/First Responder, or aren't in with a Trade / Union, seems as if your just in wage slavery purgatory.

bacha29

I'm leaving expediting in a month to go back overseas. My company is always looking for someone. It's tiring but on the other hand I listen to Dish satellite tv on my phone, have Wi-Fi with my phone's hotspot, gross $4000+ a month, no CDL or DOT physical required. You really have to like driving though. The physical work beyond driving is minimal and easy.
As long as you've paid all of your bills and your taxes before you leave then nobody's going to give a rodent's expletive deleted if you never come back.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
We had a 10 year driver buy a dump truck and a backhoe then quit. Today he's a multi millionaire running his own excavating business. He does lots of street and highway projects all over the upper Midwest.
Hell yeah. That’s what I’m doing. Except I’m not quitting until my side business is requiring me to. Im hoping within 5 years.

bacha29

Oh I'm staying on here to remind you that the Republicans and capitalism won. Bwahahaha!!!
For a firm supporter of GOP capitalism you've certainly done enough "weeping and gnashing of teeth" (bible term, how'd you like it?) regarding all the times when the system wronged you. Perhaps you should consider staying where you plan to go permanently because as the hard line conservatism you so ardently support continues it onward path toward it's announced goal of repealing and defunding many of the old age social programs you wrongly assume will always be there and count on as well could just as easily not be there. All it takes is a bill, a vote and a signature.

rod

Retired 22 years
There is a pre-loader at my old building that paints and stains houses (interior and exterior) as a side job. Even though he works under an old contract and makes drivers wages he told me he just hangs around UPS for the medical coverage for his family. He pulls in way more $$$ as a house painter.

vantexan

For a firm supporter of GOP capitalism you've certainly done enough "weeping and gnashing of teeth" (bible term, how'd you like it?) regarding all the times when the system wronged you. Perhaps you should consider staying where you plan to go permanently because as the hard line conservatism you so ardently support continues it onward path toward it's announced goal of repealing and defunding many of the old age social programs you wrongly assume will always be there and count on as well could just as easily not be there. All it takes is a bill, a vote and a signature.
Meanwhile Trump keeps his promises and Dems can't seem to spell promise.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Hey, we’re doing good folks!.....got all the way to page 2 ‘fore it went political! :D

I wonder if we actually started a political thread if it might possibly derail into something else? :biggrin:

bacha29

Meanwhile Trump keeps his promises and Dems can't seem to spell promise.
Another feeble response . Every budget " the chosen one" has proposed involves major cuts to social programs and if congress won't give him what he wants he uses executive orders. And by the way just exactly what are his kept promises outside of huge tax cuts that generated little more than stock buybacks?

vantexan

Another feeble response . Every budget " the chosen one" has proposed involves major cuts to social programs and if congress won't give him what he wants he uses executive orders. And by the way just exactly what are his kept promises outside of huge tax cuts that generated little more than stock buybacks?
Didn't realize. What major cuts to social programs?

vantexan

Securing the border, reducing unemployment, rebuilding the military, reworking trade deals, defeating ISIS, bringing back manufacturing.

vantexan

Hey, we’re doing good folks!.....got all the way to page 2 ‘fore it went political! :D

I wonder if we actually started a political thread if it might possibly derail into something else? :biggrin:
What's that joke? Went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out!