Success Tales of Employees Seeking Greener Pastures.

bacha29

Didn't realize. What major cuts to social programs?
Every year the Trump administration proposes major cuts to Medicaid by converting to a block grant formula limiting the amount of federal support states would receive by means of a flat dollar amount per person. Now I told you this before, the vast majority of Medicaid expenditures goes to nursing homes to pay for the care of patients whose own savings have been exhausted and nationwide 62% of all nursing home patients are on Medicaid. With any shortfalls having to be made up by the states.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TAX CUT!. It is made up with increased borrowing, cuts to key services the support for which fades quickly or the funding burden is passed to downstream government entities......state, county, borough township, school districts etc.

Kasich, Brownback, Corbett all tried this tactic as governors . It is a pure political gimmick that people caught onto quickly and it finished them politically .

bacha29

Securing the border, reducing unemployment, rebuilding the military, reworking trade deals, defeating ISIS, bringing back manufacturing.
Hahaha!
Securing the border:....Putting people in cages and a federal judge told him that he can't use defense budget money to build his wall

Reducing Unemployment: Easy to do when people have to work 3 jobs just to survive

Rebuilding the military: A federal jobs training program with benefits and by the pentagon's own admission has become primarily a pension fund administrator
that kills a terrorist every once in awhile.

Reworking trade deals: Did see hear Kudlow hot footing this PM about "Phase One"? Not finished. No guarantee if there will be a final agreement. Not sure if it can be enforced. Can't say what the future holds for the future of tariffs. Lots of kinda sorta maybe but few concrete details or specifics.
Bringing back manufacturing: Loss of manufacturing jobs has slowed but the downward trend is still there due to reduced labor requirements . Over the past
decade more than 100 nukes and 500 coal plants have shut down. Why? Too dirty .Too expensive to operate due to labor
requirements. A big new nat gas fueled power plant in a neighboring state started up full operations this week People required to
run it: 14 Compared to the usual 300 or so at older plants. Why? very few moving parts and very quiet.

ManInBrown

Former express courier. Early 2000s to early 2010s. I dont want to give the exact dates. Left after just short of 10 years making less then $19 an hour. One day had enough and took a shot in the dark at UPS as a seasonal driver. I had enough of the 4 hour mid day breaks because they had nothing for me to do before my pup route. Major gamble and it paid off. Been at UPS for 5 years. Did 2 in package and now I am in feeders. Was making more hourly at UPS after 12 months then i did at FredEx after 9 years.

Company is a joke. Fred is the devil. Very similar mentality to Walmart. Keep wages down and keep employees impoverished. If you werent at FredEx in the very early days there was no chance of ever hitting top rate. Here’s all you need to know about the joke that is top rate at the Devil’s joint better known as FredEx. When i left, my friend was a 22 year employee. All courier time. And was not at top rate. Let that sink in. 22 friend’ n years, and was not at top rate. I had enough. I could only take so many $.19 yearly raises.

I took a major risk and it paid off. I busted my arse at UPS and was lucky enough to be one of the few at the time to get hired off the street. Now from what I have been told it is very easy. Package guys are hired permanent year round where I am, mostly because now it is a very long wait to make full rate, and with 22.4s those employees will never make what we make. It would have taken me 85 years to make what I make now at UPS. $37+ an hour.

So it can be done. You guys and gals can change your situation. It’s possible. It is a major gamble but it can be done with hard work.

Last edited:

vantexan

Hahaha!
Securing the border:....Putting people in cages and a federal judge told him that he can't use defense budget money to build his wall

Reducing Unemployment: Easy to do when people have to work 3 jobs just to survive

Rebuilding the military: A federal jobs training program with benefits and by the pentagon's own admission has become primarily a pension fund administrator
that kills a terrorist every once in awhile.

Reworking trade deals: Did see hear Kudlow hot footing this PM about "Phase One"? Not finished. No guarantee if there will be a final agreement. Not sure if it can be enforced. Can't say what the future holds for the future of tariffs. Lots of kinda sorta maybe but few concrete details or specifics.
Bringing back manufacturing: Loss of manufacturing jobs has slowed but the downward trend is still there due to reduced labor requirements . Over the past
decade more than 100 nukes and 500 coal plants have shut down. Why? Too dirty .Too expensive to operate due to labor
requirements. A big new nat gas fueled power plant in a neighboring state started up full operations this week People required to
run it: 14 Compared to the usual 300 or so at older plants. Why? very few moving parts and very quiet.
I believe Obama started the cage thing. Having you type so much is it's own reward. :)

Serf

Former express courier. Early 2000s to early 2010s. I dont want to give the exact dates. Left after just short of 10 years making less then $19 an hour. One day had enough and took a shot in the dark at UPS as a seasonal driver. I had enough of the 4 hour mid day breaks because they had nothing for me to do before my pup route. Major gamble and it paid off. Been at UPS for 5 years. Did 2 in package and now I am in feeders. Was making more hourly at UPS after 12 months then i did at FredEx after 9 years.

Company is a joke. Fred is the devil. Very similar mentality to Walmart. Keep wages down and keep employees impoverished. If you werent at FredEx in the very early days there was no chance of ever hitting top rate. Here’s all you need to know about the joke that is top rate at the Devil’s joint better known as FredEx. When i left, my friend was a 22 year employee. All courier time. And was not at top rate. Let that sink in. 22 friend’ n years, and was not at top rate. I had enough. I could only take so many $.19 yearly raises.

I took a major risk and it paid off. I busted my arse at UPS and was lucky enough to be one of the few at the time to get hired off the street. Now from what I have been told it is very easy. Package guys are hired permanent year round where I am, mostly because now it is a very long wait to make full rate, and with 22.4s those employees will never make what we make. It would have taken me 85 years to make what I make now at UPS. $37+ an hour.

So it can be done. You guys and gals can change your situation. It’s possible. It is a major gamble but it can be done with hard work.
Sadly, I have heard similar stories as yours. (Not you moving on and striking gold). But the conditions you speak of at Express. 2016-18 they gave 1+$ an hr raises that dangled the carrot a bit more. But then went back to 2% and an increase in medical. Tell me more about the 22.4's and what they make, shifts, promotion opportunities...

ManInBrown

Sadly, I have heard similar stories as yours. (Not you moving on and striking gold). But the conditions you speak of at Express. 2016-18 they gave 1+$ an hr raises that dangled the carrot a bit more. But then went back to 2% and an increase in medical. Tell me more about the 22.4's and what they make, shifts, promotion opportunities...
I have no idea about the specifics of 22.4 because they only have them in package which I no longer do. What i do know is they are paid an inferior rate. And will never reach the rate of regular package car drivers. I know they also work the worst schedule. They are not M-friend. Thats all i know. What i do know is depending on the area you live, there has never been a better time to get hired off the street and be kept on permanent as a package driver. Right at the very end of my time in package, they were making drivers permanent after their 30 days. That was unheard of. Impossible in the past. It’s a very big gamble though. Many things have to fall right, while nothing can go wrong. You are completely at the mercy of the management team in the building. I took a major gamble. It can be done, but I would not advise someone to do it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Congrats!

Sounds like you got Smith figured out.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

I was hired off the street also back in the early 90's but it was a no brainer for me. went from zero bennies, zero vacation and sick days to all UPS gave us plus doubled my hourly wage.

have to admit i was in the right place at the right time. mostly luck but having a clean record and good work history got me hired.

overflowed

I was at express for 10 years, started at 19 bucks left at 23. That's ridiculous ! I work for the city now, been 3 years and topped out at $40 with great benefits and pension. That place is all bad. I say you take your chances on getting out. I don't know what part of the country you're in, but maybe look into city work, most train you for your position and paid training. Good luck whatever you decide .

Serf

I was at express for 10 years, started at 19 bucks left at 23. That's ridiculous ! I work for the city now, been 3 years and topped out at $40 with great benefits and pension. That place is all bad. I say you take your chances on getting out. I don't know what part of the country you're in, but maybe look into city work, most train you for your position and paid training. Good luck whatever you decide .
Tri State North east. Thanks for the advice.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Every year the Trump administration proposes major cuts to Medicaid by converting to a block grant formula limiting the amount of federal support states would receive by means of a flat dollar amount per person. Now I told you this before, the vast majority of Medicaid expenditures goes to nursing homes to pay for the care of patients whose own savings have been exhausted and nationwide 62% of all nursing home patients are on Medicaid. With any shortfalls having to be made up by the states.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TAX CUT!. It is made up with increased borrowing, cuts to key services the support for which fades quickly or the funding burden is passed to downstream government entities......state, county, borough township, school districts etc.

Kasich, Brownback, Corbett all tried this tactic as governors . It is a pure political gimmick that people caught onto quickly and it finished them politically .

McConnell has already stated that if Trump gets another term and the GOP retains a Senate majority, priority one is "entitlements".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You get it. UPS is way easier to get into than previously. In some areas, you can even go straight into feeders off the street. Unheard of just a few years ago.

I worked PT in real estate for years, building a clientele, and also fixed-up houses. Not for everyone, but it can pay off nicely after a few years of no weekends, not much of a social life, and very little sleep.

A side hustle that works into something FT is a good deal for some, maybe not for others. I left FDX a few years ago now, and life is good.

IMO, the biggest part is getting off your butt and deciding to make a change. When my buddies were watching the NFL and drinking beer, I was painting and doing drywall, or hauling debris to the dump.

At some point, you need to commit to getting out of FedEx and into a better career.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They would have to win back the House too.

Doesn't make any difference, according to Mitch. As long as he has Trump and the Senate, he's going for it. That's how WE will pay for the tax cut.

So, is Mitch going to wear a kangaroo suit at the impeachment "trial" or will Jim Jordan wear it?

bacha29

They would have to win back the House too.
I bet you're sweating bullets hoping that the Dems hold onto control of the House because a lot of cluckers don't realize that when McConnell and the Trumpers speak of entitlements they talking about Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Meals on Wheels, Head Start etc etc and you're in that age group that puts you right in the cross hairs whereby you're trying desperately to get to retirement age so you can quit working thanks to such programs that might not be there when you do.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I bet you're sweating bullets hoping that the Dems hold onto control of the House because a lot of cluckers don't realize that when McConnell and the Trumpers speak of entitlements they talking about Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Meals on Wheels, Head Start etc etc and you're in that age group that puts you right in the cross hairs whereby you're trying desperately to get to retirement age so you can quit working thanks to such programs that might not be there when you do.

Bingo. But they dare not mention this before the elections, lest their older base, who would suffer directly, not figure it all out. This is how the rest of us pay for the 1 percenters tax cut. In other words, Trump is lying to his base...again.

And I forgot Jordan was in the House, so Graham will have to also wear a kangaroo suit. Lindsay likes to dress-up.

vantexan

Nope, I want the Republicans to take it all and shut down this impeachment foolishness.

bacha29

Nope, I want the Republicans to take it all and shut down this impeachment foolishness.
Nice deflection. Like many cluckers you obviously believe that New Deal and Great Society old age social programs are birth rights and can't be taken away from you. They been under attack from the Right for decades and sooner or later they will break through the Left's resistance . And like scores of other cluckers who will you blame? You'll blame the Dems for not being able to protect you.

vantexan

Nice deflection. Like many cluckers you obviously believe that New Deal and Great Society old age social programs are birth rights and can't be taken away from you. They been under attack from the Right for decades and sooner or later they will break through the Left's resistance . And like scores of other cluckers who will you blame? You'll blame the Dems for not being able to protect you.
Why would we blame anyone? Guys like you have been fear mongering for decades and the sky hasn't fallen. As I recall Reagan strengthened Social Security, didn't attack it. The only thing you care about is your side having control so that you can continue to perform your social science experiments.

bacha29

Why would we blame anyone? Guys like you have been fear mongering for decades and the sky hasn't fallen. As I recall Reagan strengthened Social Security, didn't attack it. The only thing you care about is your side having control so that you can continue to perform your social science experiments.
Show us some examples of "social Science". Rush Limbaugh's favorite catch phrase.