Sunglasses

BurntSienna

Need to get a good quality pair of sunglasses to reduce sun glare and strain on my eyes. What do you guys use? Any recommendations?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Polarized Oakley Straight Jackets back when I drove at UPS. Now I wear a non-polarized Ray-Ban RB model in my personal time and polarized Dewalt safety glasses at work. Variance in people's face shape, size, geometry, and placement of the ears and facial features will make it difficult for any one model to be specifically recommended.

Last edited:

sailfish

The cheaper the better---unless you like getting quality sun glasses ruined.
Rocked the same pair of Oakleys all the way to the end. Still have and use them going on seven years. In my experience, cheap shades offer poor light reduction and the frames fall apart on their own within a year if worn regularly. Might get a little longer if they're just for backup.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rocked the same pair of Oakleys all the way to the end. Still have and use them going on seven years. In my experience, cheap shades offer poor light reduction and the frames fall apart on their own within a year.
Apparently you don't have any dirt roads on your route or have never had a heavy package hid on the top shelf

sailfish

Apparently you don't have any dirt roads on your route or have never had a heavy package hid on the top shelf
Plenty of dusty red dirt ones. I've even hit them on the overhead door while they were on my head. Still in one piece.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Need to get a good quality pair of sunglasses to reduce sun glare and strain on my eyes. What do you guys use? Any recommendations?
Dollar store. You will leave them in the truck and some runner-gunner split driver will mutilate them or they will mysteriously disappear even though they were put above in the cab.