Sunglasses

Overpaid Union Thug

Need to get a good quality pair of sunglasses to reduce sun glare and strain on my eyes. What do you guys use? Any recommendations?
If you were in the military (or still are) you can get Oakleys for something like 43% off through Oakley Standard Issue. It’s a separate website. I have been using a couple of different color Oakley Fuel Cell frames for years now. I keep changing the lens. Also discounted at the same rate on that site.

JL 0513

The cheaper the better---unless you like getting quality sun glasses ruined.

I can't wear cheap sunglasses. I've tried but there is a massive difference between a $15 pair and a brand name pair like Oakley. When you wear them all day, they have to be really comfortable. Cheap pairs are not. They often aren't even symmetrical. The pressure points are often wrong. And the cheap lenses have bad optics. Never mind the they look embarrassingly bad.

You dont need sunglasses. You want sunglasses.

I need sunglasses. Couldn't drive or work outside without. Not only do I need sunglasses, I need ones over $150.

I don't think I spent 50 bucks total on sunglasses in 30 years. 5 meals? I bet. What a gimmic. Thats as much BS as buying a pair of socks and that company will donate a pair to the homeless. Its all a scam.

You consider $50 sunglasses ridiculous? You can't get a decent pair for less than maybe $125. My current work pair was about $175.

I don't wear sunglasses.

You will have eye problems as you get older.

Poop Head

Judge me.
You can't get a decent pair for less than maybe $125. My current work pair was about $175.
True. They gotta be optically correct, otherwise they distort your view.

Even then, nothing is 100% like real life.
Also, it does take time for the light to pass through the lens, decreasing reaction time.
Plus, i dont want a sunglasses tan.

Which is why i dont wear them, most of the year, only in late winter/early spring when the sun angle is getting higher and it reflects off the snow.

rod

Retired 22 years
Cheap sunglasses or not --- when you get older you WILL have vision problems. Usually starts about 40. I laugh every time I see some vain SOB trying to read a menu holding it at arms length or some pathetic loser squinting while trying to read some fine print. --all because they refuses to wear glasses.

freehoodies

Cheap sunglasses or not --- when you get older you WILL have vision problems. Usually starts about 40. I laugh every time I see some vain SOB trying to read a menu holding it at arms length or some pathetic loser squinting while trying to read some fine print. --all because they refuses to wear glasses.
We should bring back monocles

PCM Troll

When the cameras are installed in all package cars, you won't be allowed to wear sunglasses due to eye tracking software being used.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I can't wear cheap sunglasses. I've tried but there is a massive difference between a $15 pair and a brand name pair like Oakley. When you wear them all day, they have to be really comfortable. Cheap pairs are not. They often aren't even symmetrical. The pressure points are often wrong. And the cheap lenses have bad optics. Never mind the they look embarrassingly bad.

I need sunglasses. Couldn't drive or work outside without. Not only do I need sunglasses, I need ones over $150.

You consider $50 sunglasses ridiculous? You can't get a decent pair for less than maybe $125. My current work pair was about $175.

In my experience the $10 "polarized" don't stop glare and you can forget UV protection. My Shady Ray's actually protect my eyes as good or better than my $200 RayBans.

rod

Retired 22 years
In my experience the $10 "polarized" don't stop glare and you can forget UV protection. My Shady Ray's actually protect my eyes as good or better than my $200 RayBans.
Good lord--you have more invested in stupid sunglasses than I did in cars at your age. Is it any wonder people now have to work into their late 60's-early 70's?

542thruNthru

Good lord--you have more invested in stupid sunglasses than I did in cars at your age. Is it any wonder people now have to work into their late 60's-early 70's?
Well we don't drive cars like this anymore ya dinosaur.
article-2017721-0D1DEF0400000578-763_308x185.jpg