Sunglasses

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I get my eyes examined EVERY year. Same eyesight for at least 50 years now. :-)
So you been blind for a long time lol

Not that I really care but sun ages the :censored2: out of your skin too.

My wife wears sunglasses constantly and itā€™s starting to show she looks much younger than others her age. Almost no wrinkles or lines around her eyes. And yes her 6 pair probably all run 150-400

Sixth Punch Sense

Need to get a good quality pair of sunglasses to reduce sun glare and strain on my eyes. What do you guys use? Any recommendations?
Get a pair of polarized Maui Jim's. Nothing really compares to them(opinion). Plus thier warranty rocks. Cracked a lens on a pair I bought 5 years ago, filled out the paperwork and paid $100. Sent the old pair out, 1 week later they sent me a brand new pair.

rod

Retired 22 years
So you been blind for a long time lol

Not that I really care but sun ages the :censored2: out of your skin too.

My wife wears sunglasses constantly and itā€™s starting to show she looks much younger than others her age. Almost no wrinkles or lines around her eyes. And yes her 6 pair probably all run 150-400
I really don't care to look as feminine as my wife.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I can't wear cheap sunglasses. I've tried but there is a massive difference between a $15 pair and a brand name pair like Oakley. When you wear them all day, they have to be really comfortable. Cheap pairs are not. They often aren't even symmetrical. The pressure points are often wrong. And the cheap lenses have bad optics. Never mind the they look embarrassingly bad.

I need sunglasses. Couldn't drive or work outside without. Not only do I need sunglasses, I need ones over $150.

You consider $50 sunglasses ridiculous? You can't get a decent pair for less than maybe $125. My current work pair was about $175.

You will have eye problems as you get older.

ā€œPremiumā€œ sunglasses.

a911scanner

For those of you knowledgeable people with your opinions on NOT spending a few dollars on sunglasses...

Wearing quality, polarized lenses can actually PREVENT cataracts.

Not wearing them can make it much worse for you, especially if you develop a cataract.

Something to be concerned about if you spend 5 days a week working in the sunlight for 20+ years (and when you turn a certain age)

rod

Retired 22 years
For those of you knowledgeable people with your opinions on NOT spending a few dollars on sunglasses...

Not wearing them can make it much worse for you, especially if you develop a cataract.

Something to be concerned about if you spend 5 days a week working in the sunlight for 20+ years (and when you turn a certain age)
fake news

Poop Head

Judge me.

I toughen up my eyeballs by staring directly into the sun. Ive been doing that for as long as i can remember. Eyes of steel.

BrownSnowFlake

Harbor Freight sells sunglasses for $1.99. I buy 3 or 4 at a time, they last a month or two before they're too scratched up to see through.
Now they're not polarized to protect your eyes from UV light, that costs a good bit more.

oldngray

nowhere special
Harbor Freight sells sunglasses for $1.99. I buy 3 or 4 at a time, they last a month or two before they're too scratched up to see through.
Now they're not polarized to protect your eyes from UV light, that costs a good bit more.
Sunglasses get scratched, smashed, and blown out the window. I couldn't see spending a lot of money on a basically disposable item.