Sunglasses

oldngray

nowhere special
Dollar store. You will leave them in the truck and some runner-gunner split driver will mutilate them or they will mysteriously disappear even though they were put above in the cab.
Sunglasses were about the only personal item I left in my truck. One time my truck was gone (with sunglasses in it) and I later found it had been sent to another building.

BeefiestMass

Polarized Oakley Straight Jackets back when I drove at UPS. Now I wear a non-polarized Ray-Ban RB model in my personal time and polarized Dewalt safety glasses at work. Variance in people's face shape, size, geometry, and placement of the ears and facial features will make it difficult for any one model to be specifically recommended.
Don't the polarized eff w your ability to read the diad and your phone?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Rocked the same pair of Oakleys all the way to the end. Still have and use them going on seven years. In my experience, cheap shades offer poor light reduction and the frames fall apart on their own within a year if worn regularly. Might get a little longer if they're just for backup.
I have a pair of polarized Oakley Holbrooks that I’ve been wearing for a couple of years now. Oakley’s have a plastic film over their lenses that starts to break away even if you baby them. I would recommend Costa’s or Maui Jim’s.

rod

Retired 22 years
Shady Rays only cost $50 and come with a lost/ broken guarantee, excellent lenses and every pair sold provides 5 meals to the homeless.
I don't think I spent 50 bucks total on sunglasses in 30 years. 5 meals? I bet. What a gimmic. Thats as much BS as buying a pair of socks and that company will donate a pair to the homeless. Its all a scam.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Be careful of costas with metal hinges.
Your sweat will corrode the metal but costa considers it a defect and will replace for free

cosis

I have a pair of polarized Oakley Holbrooks that I’ve been wearing for a couple of years now. Oakley’s have a plastic film over their lenses that starts to break away even if you baby them. I would recommend Costa’s or Maui Jim’s.
ahh yeah I noticed this also - mine are super old though

rickyb

@rickyb may be desperate enough...
i have almost 100k saved.

ppl are stupid, many ppl dont wear sunglasses.

i had expensive ones 1x only because someone left it at a store i think and they sold it to me for $20, they dropped and broke. guessing expensive ones no better than cheaper ones. i have expensive snowboard goggles but i bought them 10 years ago...last season they were fogging up cuz of face masks and i got snow in it and i rubbed the lense with my gloves which i shouldnt have done and it destroyed them. my buddy gave me a backup pair of snowboard goggles from rental car job.