Sup going around asking do we have a chauffeur license

TheKid99

And then saying good if we have one because there going to be some major changes

What could be the "major change"

I know 40 drivers at our hub retiring this year.

Could they be adding routes?

oldngray

nowhere special
Here having a chauffeurs license used to be a requirement to be a package car driver but that went away because they no longer exist.

Future

Victory Ride
monkey-chauffeur.jpg
"Our Job is so easy,even a monkey can do it"

Future

Victory Ride
When i started there was a license level called "non cdl C" .....dont think it exists anymore but thats what was required to drive pkg car

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When i started there was a license level called "non cdl C" .....dont think it exists anymore but thats what was required to drive pkg car

When I first started all that was required was a Class C. This was then upgraded to a Class C-Non CDL, which is the current requirement. I had to take the written test but was grandfathered in and did not have to take the road test.

oldngray

nowhere special
Chauffeurs license was below a CDL that was required for feeders. All it took was a simple written test you could study for 10 minutes and pass. As long as you already had a regular drivers license there was no road test. When the state eliminated them all package drivers here just needed a drivers license (class D) with a DOT card from the physical.