Supervisor shuttling misroutes

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Hey all, first time posting here. Normally I work the twilight shift but I was used as a driver during peak season.

They laid off the majority of our seasonal drivers today, however me and a handful of permanent inside employees were used as utility drivers today. We had hundreds of misroutes today, i shuttled a bunch of them out before receiving a message asking me to return to the hub to pick up more.

Before i could get back to the building, one of the on-road supervisors pulls up on me in his personal car with a trunk full of misloads. He told me not to return to the building, but instead to take and deliver all the packages from his trunk.

Should i file a grievance? I'm not 100%, but i'm pretty sure he shouldn't have been shuttling misroutes out of his own car, especially since we just let a bunch of people go today. What do i stand to gain by doing this? I'm not worried about them hating me, since i'll be back working twilight in a few days anyway.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
IMG_0008.JPG

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'd file in a heart beat...but they'll definitely retaliate if you ever decide to go full time driving...happened to me today "meet _______ for your late air" they used a full time drivers name and I show up and it was an on road sup...filing grievances is fun

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'd file in a heart beat...but they'll definitely retaliate if you ever decide to go full time driving...happened to me today "meet _______ for your late air" they used a full time drivers name and I show up and it was an on road sup...filing grievances is fun
And more importantly, profitable

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
How exactly would they retaliate? Like i said, i'm going back to twilight in a few days. l might not even end up in the same center when i go full-time, my hub has 3.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
A lot of it does. Or rather that lots of rules and provisions are waved during peak. Supervisors do indeed perform union work during peak. All hands on deck.
Exhausting all resources doesn't include putting yourself in that situation. I've grieved, and won, plenty of cases where drivers were called to stay home or sent home. Management also has the option to use a DOT certified employee who's out of hours to ride with management.

km3

What?

Does the contract cease to exist during peak?

In my local it apparently does. It also ceases to exist when people call-in. To think contacting someone from another shift is too hard and inconvenient for the company...and my local allows it. Disgusting.