Supervisor shuttling misroutes

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I don't lie. Nor do I care if anybody believes me. If anybody thinks people don't drink on the job, they are wrong. I've seen it several times.
I am throwing one back right now.
20161228_151152.jpg

PT Car Washer

I don't lie. Nor do I care if anybody believes me. If anybody thinks people don't drink on the job, they are wrong. I've seen it several times.
Not just alcohol either. Heard of drivers smoking dope on route also. Now if you are talking about working inside in the Hubs, you will see it on a nightly basis. Both FT and PT, both alcohol and dope.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not just alcohol either. Heard of drivers smoking dope on route also. Now if you are talking about working inside in the Hubs, you will see it on a nightly basis. Both FT and PT, both alcohol and dope.

I am not naive enough to think that this does not happen.

I am not foolish enough to believe that his boss handed him a beer out of a cooler in the trunk of his car. Ain't buying it cuz it did not happen.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I am simply saying that the events that he described never happened.

Wrong again as you often are. I did take a bottle of water from him at the time, it was a hot August day. Another time I had another supervisor riding with me in a bulk van to make some pickups, and he wanted to stop and get a couple of beers at a convenience store. I refused then too. I'm known for making some homebrew, so I guess they thought I was cool with that. I've known three drivers that got fired for drinking on the job, two came back after going through a treatment program. I really don't drink that much, maybe every other weekend on a Friday or Saturday night. I don't plan my off time around a bottle.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong again as you often are. I did take a bottle of water from him at the time, it was a hot August day. Another time I had another supervisor riding with me in a bulk van to make some pickups, and he wanted to stop and get a couple of beers at a convenience store. I refused then too. I'm known for making some homebrew, so I guess they thought I was cool with that. I've known three drivers that got fired for drinking on the job, two came back after going through a treatment program. I really don't drink that much, maybe every other weekend on a Friday or Saturday night. I don't plan my off time around a bottle.

I usually respect what you have to say here but in this instance I am calling you out as being full of crap. There is no way in the world that your supervisor offered you a cold beer out of the cooler in his trunk while bringing you misloads.

Do us all a favor and seriously consider hanging them up in 2017.