Supervisors (PT) Healthcare

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DeadOnArrival, Jan 16, 2019.

1. DeadOnArrival

DeadOnArrival Belt Wide

I load trucks, union job. PT. Healthcare is free and excellent (TeamCare).

If you become a PT supervisor (running belts, doing new hire evaluations, etc.) how much does healthcare cost (per check, monthly?). I only ask out of curiousty. Is the healthcare coverage immediate?

Staying in the union, for me is due to the healthcare (free and excellent network).

I had one supervisor tell me they pay $13 dollars a month for equivelent health benefits.

All the best,
    Me, myself, and I

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Don't do it. ...

3. trailer loader

trailer loader Trailer Loader

Stay union

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. DeadOnArrival

DeadOnArrival Belt Wide

I'm staying union, but, I am asking this question for the sake of knowing.

How much do these wankers pay for healthcare monthly? Is there coverage any good?

Thanks!

5. Box Ox

Box Ox ♞▀▄▀▄♝▀▄

Supervisors lie. And then they lie again. And then they lie some more.

Might be best to ask in the Partners forum, where a management person who doesn't have an interest in being paid to recruit you could give it to you straight.

6. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

it’s like $10 per month for a 1.5k deductible

i don’t know the rest of the specifics, i don’t go to the doc that much, but nurses have told me it’s far better than what non-UPSers have; i’m sure the unions is better but it’s not a huge difference i think

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Cansado

Cansado Member

They have a lot of different plans and deductibles. Just depends on how much you want to spend. I think mine is about $30 a month and is the cheapest. It's not super but it covers the basics. I forget how long it took to kick in...couple months vs a year for Union. I never got the Union plan myself but the sups' plan doesn't compare unless you spend a crapload on it.

-Wanker

8. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

Union preloader that went PT sup said family plan is like $130/mo for decent coverage, but not a $0 deductible plan. Average family plan cost in a very good corporate job is $250/mo for 80/20 coverage with a $3000 individual / $7000 family max yearly out of pocket. This is what we would have if we were on my wife's company's plan.

9. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

OP,
    Your healthcare isn't free. You pay for it with your labor. No one is giving you anything, and you aren't getting anything you don't deserve.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

130/mo is platinum level coverage, your guy is used to gucci or just has a gold plated view of what is decent....

11. DeadOnArrival

DeadOnArrival Belt Wide

Thanks for the responses. I'm content.