Supervisors (PT) Healthcare

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
I load trucks, union job. PT. Healthcare is free and excellent (TeamCare).

If you become a PT supervisor (running belts, doing new hire evaluations, etc.) how much does healthcare cost (per check, monthly?). I only ask out of curiousty. Is the healthcare coverage immediate?

Staying in the union, for me is due to the healthcare (free and excellent network).

I had one supervisor tell me they pay $13 dollars a month for equivelent health benefits.

All the best,
Me, myself, and I

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
I'm staying union, but, I am asking this question for the sake of knowing.

How much do these wankers pay for healthcare monthly? Is there coverage any good?

Thanks!

Box Ox

I'm staying union, but, I am asking this question for the sake of knowing.

How much do these wankers pay for healthcare monthly? Is there coverage any good?

Thanks!

Supervisors lie. And then they lie again. And then they lie some more.

Might be best to ask in the Partners forum, where a management person who doesn't have an interest in being paid to recruit you could give it to you straight.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
it’s like $10 per month for a 1.5k deductible

i don’t know the rest of the specifics, i don’t go to the doc that much, but nurses have told me it’s far better than what non-UPSers have; i’m sure the unions is better but it’s not a huge difference i think

Cansado

They have a lot of different plans and deductibles. Just depends on how much you want to spend. I think mine is about $30 a month and is the cheapest. It's not super but it covers the basics. I forget how long it took to kick in...couple months vs a year for Union. I never got the Union plan myself but the sups' plan doesn't compare unless you spend a crapload on it.

-Wanker

Heavy Package

how much does healthcare cost (per check, monthly?). I only ask out of curiousty. Is the healthcare coverage immediate?

Union preloader that went PT sup said family plan is like $130/mo for decent coverage, but not a $0 deductible plan. Average family plan cost in a very good corporate job is $250/mo for 80/20 coverage with a $3000 individual / $7000 family max yearly out of pocket. This is what we would have if we were on my wife's company's plan.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
OP,
Your healthcare isn't free. You pay for it with your labor. No one is giving you anything, and you aren't getting anything you don't deserve.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Union preloader that went PT sup said family plan is like $130/mo for decent coverage, but not a $0 deductible plan. Average family plan cost in a very good corporate job is $250/mo for 80/20 coverage with a $3000 individual / $7000 family max yearly out of pocket. This is what we would have if we were on my wife's company's plan.
130/mo is platinum level coverage, your guy is used to gucci or just has a gold plated view of what is decent....