Supreme Court

BrownArmy

Four-term limits for Senators/Congresspeople, 18-year term limits for the SC.

When the Constitution was written, average life expectancy was 40...

18-year term limits for SCJ’s, that way we don’t have to go through this dog and pony show where they tell us they respect the Constitution, etc.

What a complete circus this is, the Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

18-year term limits for SCJ’s, that way we don’t have to go through this dog and pony show where they tell us they respect the Constitution, etc.

What a complete circus this is, the Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves.
No thanks.
If voters want to keep electing someone, well, that's democracy.

I like my congressman and I'll vote for him as long as he keeps running.

vantexan

How many of the Founding Fathers died at 40? SMH

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

People who were elected to the US Congress or SCOTUS were well above average in life expectancy.
They ate better, worked easier and safer jobs and consequently lived longer than average.

That said, I do agree with your sentiments except I think 18 years for a Senator is plenty enough.

Sportello

People who were elected to the US Congress or SCOTUS were well above average in life expectancy.
They ate better, worked easier and safer jobs and consequently lived longer than average.

That said, I do agree with your sentiments except I think 18 years for a Senator is plenty enough.
Maybe we can test those over the age of 68-70 or so, just like the DMV, only for cognizance of their job.

newfie

I've always felt that way and agree with you. lately though it appears that there does seem to be a respect for tradition and decency with most of the older members of the senate that we're not seeing with the younger ones. Its almost making me rethink my long held opinion. The young ones are bringing chaos to

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I've always felt that way and agree with you. lately though it appears that there does seem to be a respect for tradition and decency with most of the older members of the senate that we're not seeing with the younger ones. Its almost making me rethink my long held opinion. The young ones are bringing chaos to
I see that as a good thing myself!

Sportello

Y'all didn't seem to have an issue with liberal justices hanging on forever. But if that's how you feel let Trump replace everyone over 75. Works for me.
We don't let crazy people pick our SCOTUS judges.

I wish someone would ask donnie if he sees ghosts in the White House.