Sups working

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
If an hourly scans to prevent misloads, they cannot count them as misloads.

If mgmt scans and finds misloads, they can count them as a misload and technically write you up.

But we never allow them to do write ups if hourlies are doing the checks

So you mean to tell me that if a supervisor finds a misload in a truck they are scanning, they can write you up for it? Just because they said they found it? Right? Or perhaps a scanner log will be sufficient enough as proof? I mean, it's not like they could go into any random truck and scan a bunch of packages to give loaders misloads? Right?

As much as I have enjoyed laughing at this, I would like to inform you that it's the driver of the truck you loaded who officially reports your misloads, it has absolutely nothing to do with management in that department. (It's our job to try and PREVENT you from misloading)

Your mistakes either cost that driver time away from their family because they have to go out of their way to deliver a misload, or it makes the customer who ordered that package to have to wait another day for their item. Either way it's a loss caused by you.

I know that may seem harsh, especially since you guys work your :censored3: off every single night (Trust me, I know, I run the same boxline I used to load in a severely understaffed building) but it is what it is, and the next time you see your sup scanning packages, I want you to remember this conversation and realize that they are just doing their job and they are not out ot get you, they are doing the exact opposite.

dogs.bite.me

So you mean to tell me that if a supervisor finds a misload in a truck they are scanning, they can write you up for it? Just because they said they found it? Right? Or perhaps a scanner log will be sufficient enough as proof? I mean, it's not like they could go into any random truck and scan a bunch of packages to give loaders misloads? Right?

As much as I have enjoyed laughing at this, I would like to inform you that it's the driver of the truck you loaded who officially reports your misloads, it has absolutely nothing to do with management in that department. (It's our job to try and PREVENT you from misloading)

Your mistakes either cost that driver time away from their family because they have to go out of their way to deliver a misload, or it makes the customer who ordered that package to have to wait another day for their item. Either way it's a loss caused by you.

I know that may seem harsh, especially since you guys work your :censored3: off every single night (Trust me, I know, I run the same boxline I used to load in a severely understaffed building) but it is what it is, and the next time you see your sup scanning packages, I want you to remember this conversation and realize that they are just doing their job and they are not out ot get you, they are doing the exact opposite.
You can spout this dribble all you want.

They have used it and with the current language on technology will continue to use it for discipline

They have used it and with the current language on technology will continue to use it for discipline

I've seen supes pull :censored2: like waiting until someone is stacked out and placing a package for another car in the stack. Then write the person up and soon enough they just stop showing up and the supervisor works two weeks on the belt before the next guy quits. Always check the PAL.

I was out 5 months FMLA and came back with 100% scanned no misloads 220pph. This job isn't hard. It was a lot easier before smart scan when all you had to do was look at every package. Count yourself lucky and stop misloading. You'll be demoted to supervisor if you keep this up.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
I've seen supes pull :censored2: like waiting until someone is stacked out and placing a package for another car in the stack. Then write the person up and soon enough they just stop showing up and the supervisor works two weeks on the belt before the next guy quits. Always check the PAL.

I was out 5 months FMLA and came back with 100% scanned no misloads 220pph. This job isn't hard. It was a lot easier before smart scan when all you had to do was look at every package. Count yourself lucky and stop misloading. You'll be demoted to supervisor if you keep this up.

If any of that is true then that sup should be fired immediately. Did you or anyone else report it? That kind of behavior would not be tolerated at my building, You'd get booted out the door faster than they could say "you're fired."

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

The current technology language is fine, it's supposed to prevent discipline based solely on technology reports. And it does this, two sups must observe an action even if it is night and day on a computer-generated report.
This is a problem with the proposed contract: The language no longer applies to PT. Only drivers.

(wrong original quote)

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Grievances are have no "merit" here. Lol.

I help my guys all the time and I have never had a grievance filled on me. A lot of it has to do with us being so short staffed, if they need help and someone else is able to I will send them first, but I'm not gonna let my guys kill themselves over large bulk stops or multiple irregs coming at the same time, or if they get a little behind I will gladly either presort the bins or if they ask I will load the bigger packages so they can catch up. Maybe they don't feel well, or they have a personal issue, doesn't matter, we've all had those days before. I've helped my drivers plenty of times too, with reorganize bulk and help with irregs after everyone has left. We're a team. We look out for each other, and do what we can, it just makes things in a crappy environment a little less crappy.

WorkingAsDirected

I help my guys all the time and I have never had a grievance filled on me. A lot of it has to do with us being so short staffed, if they need help and someone else is able to I will send them first, but I'm not gonna let my guys kill themselves over large bulk stops or multiple irregs coming at the same time, or if they get a little behind I will gladly either presort the bins or if they ask I will load the bigger packages so they can catch up. Maybe they don't feel well, or they have a personal issue, doesn't matter, we've all had those days before. I've helped my drivers plenty of times too, with reorganize bulk and help with irregs after everyone has left. We're a team. We look out for each other, and do what we can, it just makes things in a crappy environment a little less crappy.

We're a team. We look out for each other

giphy (4).gif

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Hilarious. Mor like you need to get on the managments case to hire more people and stop working per pre-negotiated terms.

Unless the preload is getting OT, stop helping them. Also, be a good supervisor and make sure they're doing proper lift methods instead of killing theirselves to keep up.

It's so funny you guys think we actually have any say about corporate decisions. I can't speak for every center, but at mine we really do try to make things best for the loaders first, then deal with how to make The Man happy too. I don't have any control over the hours and how many new hires we are allowed to have at a time, but I do have control over how I run my people and my area, as mentioned in my last post, and it's working just fine for right now but we are trying to improve things, it just takes time. We are working in an building that is WAY too small for the volume we receive, a volume that is steadly increasing every year, with no solution available yet we have to make do with what we have here. When it comes to staffing, there are several issues that all effect each other, like, preload management, on average we handle 50,000-60,000 packages a day in a building designed for 40,000 and at max capacity 50,000. There are 4 full time sups and 7 pt sups in preload. All but 2 pt sups are basically brand new, still training themselves, and we are spread out 1-2 pt sups per area, and then 3 full time sups are in charge of 1/3 of the entire building each. I run one boxline, and help out the other 3 if they need it. We have just enough workers right now to be able to cover 3-5 areas if they need it every day, any more than that, we literally do not have the bodies yet. Corp has finally let us start hiring people for peak, my building can get 9 a week right now and we are burning up their background system like crazy to get those 9 in each week, but being able to properly train them QUICKLY is the issue, and most of them get frustrated and just don't come back after the 2nd or 4th day., and that takes time to clear them from the system so we can replace them with another newbie. Again, I am speaking for my building only, your building might really just be awful, I don't know.

I worry about MY boxline. MY team. That is my main priority, I don't have time to worry about other peoples areas and they dont' have time to worry about mine.
Most of them do get OT because of short staffing, however we do have to stick to a certain schedule because preload isn't the only shift, theres 4 other shifts before us, if they don't finish by a certain time then it effects us, then we effect the drivers time, and if we go over that too much, then that means the drivers will leave late and have to spend later hours out on the road, and some don't mind but a lot of them do because they are tired and want to go home to their families and it's a schedule we have to try to maintain for EVERYONE and I don't think a lot of you realize that.

I agree with you guys on giving preload more time to get things done. I loaded trucks for months, I sorted packages, I unloaded trucks, I did all of those things before going into management, I think the numbers they demand are ridiculous and that things should change and it would benefit everyone in the long run, but I am just one malnourished and extremely exhausted 29 year old woman who is trying her best to improve working conditions one day at time with the very limited resources given to me so if you guys want to be pissed off at management, just leave me out of it and if you actually made it this far into my rant then bless your heart I haven't slept for days and I am so sorry.

twoweeled

They "help" people alot too. Im going to start grieving everything
Get to know your Business Agent if you plan on grievances. You may get a general feeling if your BA is going to try and shrug everything off and away, or if he's glad your doing it and was waiting for someone with guts to start grieving all the wrong doing. Not all BA's are the same.

Nike

If you're a sup and you're working doing union work you're a fool. FACT.
Don't help out, let the sort bog down, pile up and look like poop for a couple of times, new hires will eventually be added.
Instead of "helping" and doing union work, why not make sure all scanners are functioning, make sure our equipment is working in general, make sure everybody is getting their breaks, training guys on how to do new jobs, making sure guys are doing things the right way and not working dangerously. I could go on.
Supes working is just lazy on the sup because they don't want to step up and do the hard jobs that need to be done, see above, if you need more people document why and take that to upper management. The sort crashing and burning because of the need of more union work will become obvious after a couple of days. But when our hubs are falling apart because the ones in charge are "busy" doing union work, well it's easy to see why no new people are being put in, make sure all the intangibles are running, then pull for more people.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
If you're a sup and you're working doing union work you're a fool. FACT.
Don't help out, let the sort bog down, pile up and look like poop for a couple of times, new hires will eventually be added.
Instead of "helping" and doing union work, why not make sure all scanners are functioning, make sure our equipment is working in general, make sure everybody is getting their breaks, training guys on how to do new jobs, making sure guys are doing things the right way and not working dangerously. I could go on.
Supes working is just lazy on the sup because they don't want to step up and do the hard jobs that need to be done, see above, if you need more people document why and take that to upper management. The sort crashing and burning because of the need of more union work will become obvious after a couple of days. But when our hubs are falling apart because the ones in charge are "busy" doing union work, well it's easy to see why no new people are being put in, make sure all the intangibles are running, then pull for more people.

The problem isn't getting new hires, it's keeping them. My building has this bull:censored3: list created by corporate of how many bodies they think it takes to run things "successfully" and it takes a while to clear someones name out of the system so if a new hire quits on the first day, we can't hire anyone else until their info is cleared or if a new slot is added, it's so stupid. They don't know anything about the operation, they don't care either. :glare:

WorkingAsDirected

The problem isn't getting new hires, it's keeping them. My building has this bull:censored3: list created by corporate of how many bodies they think it takes to run things "successfully" and it takes a while to clear someones name out of the system so if a new hire quits on the first day, we can't hire anyone else until their info is cleared or if a new slot is added, it's so stupid. They don't know anything about the operation, they don't care either. :glare:

So you're saying people don't want to stay because they are not compensated fairly for their work? How is corporate going to get this message if supervisors constantly fill in for the lack of people? For the most part, a supervisors job is doing union work at a higher rate of pay.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Get to know your Business Agent if you plan on grievances. You may get a general feeling if your BA is going to try and shrug everything off and away, or if he's glad your doing it and was waiting for someone with guts to start grieving all the wrong doing. Not all BA's are the same.
I hope Bug doesn't see this. You are never to suggest that a Teamster official is not....the greatest thing since union dues. Lol.