Surepost Shortcut

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
A heads up on something like this?
Doing this hasn't even crossed my mind.
I'd rather do left at and leave it at the post office than whatever this is.
Surepost pkgs aren't even hard to deliver.
Wish i could leave the hello fresh and furniture at the post office lol.
every monday. shelves and floor are full of food boxes. the 15-18lb boxes aren't that big a deal but over a dozen of the 30+ pounders i start questioning the people who buy them.

PCM Troll

That's pretty dumb. Surepost packages are added to your stops only when there are other deliveries in very close proximity. For example: if a street has the surepost package as the only stop then it would go to the post office to be delivered. Sureposts are added to work load when there are multiple stops on that street. That's how it is usually works. So those drivers that are dumping those packages at the post office are really just lowering their stops per hour. I hope this post makes sense.

MrBates

Been meaning to post this for a little while. Some drivers I know who have a post office on their routes have casually mentioned “dumping surepost” on heavy days aka going through the truck at the post office and delivering all surepost packages to the PO even if they are in the EDD as a normal delivery. Has anybody else heard of this? I wouldn’t do this kind of thing unless instructed by a supe...actually I didn’t even want to ask the supes about it in case they started asking questions about who was doing this.
I once had a surepost misload that was for a business that was already closed past 1700. I was ready to sheet it missed but my supervisor called me and directed me to drop it off at the post office. It was definitely shady in my opinion but that's what he directed me to do. I took a picture of the diad message just in case.

Est.1998

I once had a surepost misload that was for a business that was already closed past 1700. I was ready to sheet it missed but my supervisor called me and directed me to drop it off at the post office. It was definitely shady in my opinion but that's what he directed me to do. I took a picture of the diad message just in case.
Crazy thing about surepost is if you did leave it, they assume responsibility and it's not on you.

Appvol

Ok I have several post offices on my route. I have had stops that are surepost pkgs with no ground pkgs. I will take the Powell label off and put them with the post office pkgs if they go to that post office. It’s fun to do if it’s a pkg of dog food.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Surepost are not supposed to go to buisinesses. And if someone does send to a buisiness via surepost, were supposed to deliver it. Im pretty sure, technically, it should be upgraded to ground and the shipper should be charged.

Est.1998

Ok I have several post offices on my route. I have had stops that are surepost pkgs with no ground pkgs. I will take the Powell label off and put them with the post office pkgs if they go to that post office. It’s fun to do if it’s a pkg of dog food.
I'm confused.
Are you saying you remove the PAL label off of surepost pkgs and leave them at the post offices that you deliver to?

Appvol

I'm confused.
Are you saying you remove the PAL label off of surepost pkgs and leave them at the post offices that you deliver to?
Yes if the stop is surepost pkgs only and it goes to that post office I will scan them in with the post office pkgs of that post office. Those surepost pkgs have that post office address on them. If I have a stop with a ground pkg and surepost pkgs I will take them all to the house. I hope you don’t just go by the pal label because a lot of times pals labels will be wrong. You are suppose to go by the label on the pkg not the pal label.

Est.1998

Yes if the stop is surepost pkgs only and it goes to that post office I will scan them in with the post office pkgs of that post office. Those surepost pkgs have that post office address on them. If I have a stop with a ground pkg and surepost pkgs I will take them all to the house. I hope you don’t just go by the pal label because a lot of times pals labels will be wrong. You are suppose to go by the label on the pkg not the pal label.
When i had a post office to deliver to, it was amongst one of my first stops.
All pal to RDR.
After i leave the post office, surepost pkgs are still in my load.
So, do you deliver to the post office last and whatever surepost you get you throw to the side to add to that bulk?
Or do you scroll through the board looking for asterisk, find the pkg, and add to the post office stuff?

Appvol

When i had a post office to deliver to, it was amongst one of my first stops.
All pal to RDR.
After i leave the post office, surepost pkgs are still in my load.
So, do you deliver to the post office last and whatever surepost you get you throw to the side to add to that bulk?
Or do you scroll through the board looking for asterisk, find the pkg, and add to the post office stuff?
My post offices are not 1st on my route. They might get 1 to 10 pkgs a day. If I see a asterisk I check the stop to see if the pkgs are just surepost. Heck if I ask the postmaster will take ground pkg stops at some of the post offices if the person gets their mail there. I just do a left at then. I have one stop the person wants me to leave their stuff at the post office.

Last edited:

Est.1998

My post offices are not 1st on my route. They might get 1 to 10 pkgs a day. If I see a asterisk I check the stop to see if the pkgs are just surepost. Heck if I ask the postmaster will take ground pkg stops at some of the post offices if the person gets their mail there. I just do a left at then. I have one stop the person wants me to leave their stuff at the post office.
My post office would get a minimum of 30 pkgs and during peak they would get about 100. Orion didn't have it as first, but whoever ran the route knew to deliver it amongst the first if you wanted access to your aisle and rear door.

deeztier

we're instructed to leave surepost at the post offices when the area is ECD and nothing else can be done. if an address has a delivery, ill deliver their surepost with it if i catch it.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
The stop complete and address it’s being delivered to will show the dishonesty. Doing it to themselves and it will catch up to them

rustys954rr

we're instructed to leave surepost at the post offices when the area is ECD and nothing else can be done. if an address has a delivery, ill deliver their surepost with it if i catch it.
I've had a supervisor tell me that too, he also told me I could deliver any of those packages if I wanted to. During peak when I ran a route that consisted of a small town I don't think I delivered a single box to the post office, just the bags.

35years

Gravy route
Why are you guys trying to get more stops dispatched to you?

Do you want your area to be tighter?
Do you want more pkgs per stop?

Combining stops will lead to a higher dispatch in the long run.

Not to mention, this eliminates your easiest work, and gives it to the Post Office.

We have language that allows us to deliver non-compliant pkgs to an individual house/business even if routed to a post office via surepost. Thats what I do...NOT the other way around.

Drivers give away the easiest work... Surepost, NDA etc.
Then they complain their route was ruined by management!

Stop being idiots.

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Been meaning to post this for a little while. Some drivers I know who have a post office on their routes have casually mentioned “dumping surepost” on heavy days aka going through the truck at the post office and delivering all surepost packages to the PO even if they are in the EDD as a normal delivery. Has anybody else heard of this? I wouldn’t do this kind of thing unless instructed by a supe...actually I didn’t even want to ask the supes about it in case they started asking questions about who was doing this.
I’ve done it for years nothing was said ...I had 25 packages for the post office one day and I got it up to 60!
✊🧔

35years

Gravy route
I’ve done it for years nothing was said ...I had 25 packages for the post office one day and I got it up to 60!
✊🧔
That is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Drive them off=more miles=lighter dispatch and fewer pieces per stop.

Just think, if you dumped every light package at the post office...You would get 30 more stops per day, all of them bigger heavier boxes.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
That is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Drive them off=more miles=lighter dispatch and fewer pieces per stop.

Just think, if you dumped every light package at the post office...You would get 30 more stops per day, all of them bigger heavier boxes.
not my route! friend* it!
✊🧔