Surepost Shortcut

542thruNthru

Since you've missed the after school special.
sketch-1621294437286.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It's not hard to find them all on your truck. The stops have a little black triangle next to them on the EDD list.

Sixth Punch Sense

I once had a surepost misload that was for a business that was already closed past 1700. I was ready to sheet it missed but my supervisor called me and directed me to drop it off at the post office. It was definitely shady in my opinion but that's what he directed me to do. I took a picture of the diad message just in case.
I deliver 300 plus packages a day to a post office annex, actually closer to a 1000 but the rest are in Gaylords. Every once in awhile I'll see a service cross with the missed abbreviation. Always thought that was odd

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok I have several post offices on my route. I have had stops that are surepost pkgs with no ground pkgs. I will take the Powell label off and put them with the post office pkgs if they go to that post office. It’s fun to do if it’s a pkg of dog food.
PAL label
Hope this helps

35years

Gravy route
It's not hard to find them all on your truck. The stops have a little black triangle next to them on the EDD list.
Why?

No one has said why they would do this.

It is so idiotic it is beyond belief.

PROS:
Makes my supervisor "look good" on the report, I care about that because I need his approval

CONS:
-Decreases windshield time
-Increases pieces per stop
-Increases future stop counts
-Consolidates easiest stops into one....average stop is bulkier
-Takes away my easiest work and gives it to a non-teamster, costing driver jobs
- May be disciplined for not following methods, or fired for dishonesty if each address is entered instead of one post office add.

Anyone who does this is an ass kisser in my book, and an idiot who risks his job

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's pretty dumb. Surepost packages are added to your stops only when there are other deliveries in very close proximity. For example: if a street has the surepost package as the only stop then it would go to the post office to be delivered. Sureposts are added to work load when there are multiple stops on that street. That's how it is usually works. So those drivers that are dumping those packages at the post office are really just lowering their stops per hour. I hope this post makes sense.
Why would they care if they’re lowering their stops per hour?

35years

Gravy route
Why would they care if they’re lowering their stops per hour?
Well, that is exactly what Surepost does...decreases stops per hour without adjusting the time allowance. Why would drivers add more stops to Surepost?..it is idiotic. Surepost should not have been allowed by the union at all.

"But, but, but I want to get done early...today"

Last edited:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Why?

No one has said why they would do this.

It is so idiotic it is beyond belief.

PROS:
Makes my supervisor "look good" on the report, I care about that because I need his approval

CONS:
-Decreases windshield time
-Increases pieces per stop
-Increases future stop counts
-Consolidates easiest stops into one....average stop is bulkier
-Takes away my easiest work and gives it to a non-teamster, costing driver jobs
- May be disciplined for not following methods, or fired for dishonesty if each address is entered instead of one post office add.

Anyone who does this is an ass kisser in my book, and an idiot who risks his job
I just did it because I knew it was my last peak and I'd be leaving in a month or so and really didn't give less of a :censored2:. Anything to save me a little aggravation until I was out.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well, that is exactly what Surepost does...decreases stops per hour without adjusting the time allowance. Why would drivers add more stops to Surepost?..it is idiotic. Surepost should not have been allowed by the union at all.

"But, but, but I want to get done early...today"
The only point and the only thing I typed was why would anyone care about stops per hour

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Run-gun like that and all you get is a higher dispatch. I'm surprised that hasn't produced a report yet. Messes up billing.

deeztier

too much discretion with it tbh. but like others have said, it doesnt sit right with me dropping them at the post office when it's supposed to be delivered to the home according to EDD. shoot, some of those people probably even paid for the upgraded service on My Choice®. some retailers (target) don't give the customer shipping options either.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I was running a rural peak route several years ago, and I pulled into a post office I was delivering to only to find another UPS truck there. It was the bid driver who ran that area most of the year. He said he “found more post office packages on his truck by mistake.” I thought it was weird, but I minded my own business. That was the first time I encountered this nonsense.