Surge pay

Artee

Is everyone in the company getting the $3 an hour more surge pay that lasts from September 12th till December 31st or is it just certain markets?

Artee

Pray tell. What is this surge pay you speak of? What’s your source?
Manager told us today. All three stations around here plus the RT. It's been going on the last couple peaks in Oakland. They actually started getting $3 more an hour a month or more ago

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I don't know about "surge pay". I've been told the temp. bump is to "keep people" during peak that would probably otherwise quit during peak.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don't know about "surge pay". I've been told the temp. bump is to "keep people" during peak that would probably otherwise quit during peak.
Bingo, and any nearby locations that don't get it whine like hell about it.

Yankeefan

We were told it's a premium paid to areas that are struggling to hire people. It showed up last peak for about 6 weeks and then this year it started back up again in April and no end date has been announced for it in our area.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What are you babbling about now?

People respond to money, film at 11.
And how should they respond to an asymmetrical distribution of money when policy dictates Guaranteed Fair Treatment?

Is it Fair, in DanoWorld, to compensate adjacent stations in the same market, unequally? Would you be ambivalent if you found out the guy in the cubicle next to you was given a $10k raise simply to retain him?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And how should they respond to an asymmetrical distribution of money when policy dictates Guaranteed Fair Treatment?
Oh? I'd love to see something in policy that dictates anything of the sort.

After all, you have different pay levels for different markets. You people working side by side doing the same job with one guy making ten bucks an hour more than the other. What an asymmetrical distribution of money!!!!

Is it Fair, in DanoWorld, to compensate adjacent stations in the same market, unequally?
When one has a serious problem that the other doesn't, absolutely. Only a fool would think otherwise.

Would you be ambivalent if you found out the guy in the cubicle next to you was given a $10k raise simply to retain him?
It's an issue of how much it's going to cost to replace him, how long it's going to take to replace him, whether the new guy will be any good, how much potential the existing guy has, and so on. I may not like it or I may not care, but I won't disagree that it's a wise decision when it's obviously a wise decision.