Taking all your breaks at the end of your day

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Don’t do it. Had a screwed up Saturday route that was impossible to finish because the previous driver saved all his breaks till the end for weeks.

542thruNthru

Don’t do it. Had a screwed up Saturday route that was impossible to finish because the previous driver saved all his breaks till the end for weeks.
I never understood it. We did have an OMS that would punch DIADs out for people that punched out for break and leave. Luckily they installed the ID scanners at the guard shack to help stop that non sense.

imjanedoe

banned slut
Had a runner that killed 170 stops by 15:30 skipped lunch/breaks sent a message in “finished work” and was disappointed to bail out another driver.
The route mini max 130-150 jumped up to 170+ While the route driver was out a few months

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Had a runner that killed 170 stops by 15:30 skipped lunch/breaks sent a message in “finished work” and was disappointed to bail out another driver.
The route mini max 130-150 jumped up to 170+ While the route driver was out a few months
He’ll be on disability soon. What a jackass.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
How exactly did he screw up the route taking break at the end?
Because dispatch thinks they can now throw on an extra hour or two of work on this route because of the time he’s finishing the route. This person is clearly a runner as well. So if he saves everything till the end it screws the person who actually takes their breaks throughout the day.

DriverNerd

Because dispatch thinks they can now throw on an extra hour or two of work on this route because of the time he’s finishing the route. This person is clearly a runner as well. So if he saves everything till the end it screws the person who actually takes their breaks throughout the day.
An extra hour or two of work because of saving break at the end? That doesn't make sense.

Yes, if he's a runner - they always screw up routes. Move at your own pace and send a message if you can't get done. Don't put their unrealistic expectations on you.

oldngray

nowhere special
An extra hour or two of work because of saving break at the end? That doesn't make sense.

Yes, if he's a runner - they always screw up routes. Move at your own pace and send a message if you can't get done. Don't put their unrealistic expectations on you.
If they are used to a runner skipping lunch and breaks they will continue to put more business on that route than can be delivered normally. They won't care as long as everything (mostly) gets delivered and won't change anything until you start taking your breaks and have missed stops.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

Yeah well if he’s finishing the route at 10 o clock then takes his breaks at the end he is now clocking off at 11. Why is this hard?

Grindstone

How exactly did he screw up the route taking break at the end?
This definitely has more of an effect on heavier business/pickup routes. I use to run on my route, might take 15 mins of break, if any, prior to pickups and take the rest later. So, naturally, dispatch would up the stop count and put more business stops on it from a neighboring area. The result was that some days taking even just 30 mins of break at around 12 or 1 meant you may not have room for pickup volume.

imjanedoe

banned slut
You’re clearly *. Taking breaks at the end has no affect on the route.
AM time when u leave building & return time 💯 matters
It’s cheating if you’re making production. Fuera !
I’ve used a meetpoint even if I was done just bc I had a 20 left to take on road

Last edited by a moderator:

imjanedoe

banned slut
They won't care as long as everything (mostly) gets delivered and won't change anything until you start taking your breaks and have missed stops.
Show up on a report 🤣 management would have newer drivers sheet up missed as future or tell them to throw it on the bottom belts
I wouldn’t fold