Taking all your breaks at the end of your day

oldngray

nowhere special
I’ve seen a print out stop for stop time stamps on their planned day. I’ve never seen an auto planned two 15 and a 30 deducted. We’re over an hour everyday the moment we drive out
Unpaid time like lunch doesn't count against you but you do have to eat the overallow on breaks. That time is supposed to be factored in but doesn't happen in reality.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I laugh at our runners sitting in the front parking lot outside the building after blowing 200 stops taking their lunch as I drive passed them going to clock out

DriverNerd

This definitely has more of an effect on heavier business/pickup routes. I use to run on my route, might take 15 mins of break, if any, prior to pickups and take the rest later. So, naturally, dispatch would up the stop count and put more business stops on it from a neighboring area. The result was that some days taking even just 30 mins of break at around 12 or 1 meant you may not have room for pickup volume.
Oh yeah I agree, but he started with "a Saturday route". I mean, how much business is on that Saturday route?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
who the :censored2: wants to get done early, drive back towards the building and just sit outside it waiting to clock out.

DriverNerd

Surepost, pharmacies
Our metro areas are heavy with mom and pop shop
Super spread out on Sat routes only able to run air the first few hrs
I know there's business on Saturdays, but if you're comparing that to an industrial Monday-Friday route there's no comparison. Those routes may be doing straight business from start to pickup start without doing a resi. I've never seen a Saturday route remotely close to that.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
the system splits up the chunk when you leave building and return to building. "beating the system" implies shoe-horning in a break or the lunch downtime to fill in gaps that might otherwise be filled with extra stops.

Brownwind

An extra hour or two of work because of saving break at the end? That doesn't make sense.

Yes, if he's a runner - they always screw up routes. Move at your own pace and send a message if you can't get done. Don't put their unrealistic expectations on you.
Simple fix is just follow the rules and take your breaks. Seriously how hard is it?? Doesn’t matter what you do as long as you follow the rules. Seriously you just need to follow the rules. You didn’t write the rules you just have to follow them.

iruhnman630

Every Monday, when they add an hours worth of commercial work that still needs to be done by 5 but only start us 15 minutes early, I choose between taking my proper break or trying to deliver 40 house stops out of a bricked out car, squeezing around the packages jamming the bulkhead door.

The extra commercial work not only has me delivering commercial past the start of my pickups but has extra pickups as well.

Not fun.

I feel like either choice I make, I lose.

And yesterday we had Monday dispatch with Tuesday start time, not even the benefit of the 15 minute early start.

We work for geniuses.