Tattoo policy

oldngray

nowhere special
501fb09f91.jpg

OptimusPrime

Basically this just started got a new center manager who goes by the book.If its not UPS issued you can't wear it.

We have been dealing with this crap as well. Can't wear black Under Armour, only white. Even when we told him we wear black because it would be impossible to keep white clean, he said than don't wear it at all. Also we can't wear hoodies, even under our work provided coats. Said hoods are unprofessional, and he would deem what days are cold enough to allow us to wear them. I recall him talking about minus zero type temps lol.

We have been dealing with this crap as well. Can't wear black Under Armour, only white. Even when we told him we wear black because it would be impossible to keep white clean, he said than don't wear it at all. Also we can't wear hoodies, even under our work provided coats. Said hoods are unprofessional, and he would deem what days are cold enough to allow us to wear them. I recall him talking about minus zero type temps lol.
When temps are minus zero, no manager is going to dictate what you wear, just as long as you show up and complete your route for the day. No matter what they say at the PCM.

centinel

That sucks, you must work in the Bible Belt. I wore that exact same sleeve through my first year of driving no questions asked.

Then one day I said friend that and went in tatted sleeve an all and they haven't said anything. Our district probably has the strongest union in the nation. Management simply does not mess with petty b.s. such as tattoos to avoid the storm from the local.

Translation: the monkeys are running the zoo

UPS_88

They really don't ask us to cover them anymore, unless the big wigs are expected to come around.

An aside, I heard in NYC centers the guy's wear beards and are told nothing about it for fear the whole center will walk out.

It’s also like this in the Philly and Landover hubs. The hub I’m in don’t play that

Zowert

There is a driver at my center with both of his arms and legs covered in ink. Management here is strict on the cover up policy so this dude has to wear long sleeve shirts and pants during the summer. Whenever the temperature is in the 90's I can hear him complaining in the morning. Tough s#!t man! Go work for FedEx.