Tattoo policy

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They don’t say sheet in feeders. I’ve seen guys with full sleeves wearing short sleeves. No one says a word

Feeder drivers usually don't interact with the public, so they get a break.

But....

35358118_1698418016915122_2486492683757944832_n.jpg

The company policy is not universally applied around the country.

There were several grievances around the country that went to the National Panel

back in the early 2000's.... and everyone of them lost.

The only "true" people that I know were grandfathered-in are military veterans from

the Vietnam era.

The Range

In too deep
2018. I don't associate tattoos with professionalism or lack thereof. As a member of the general public, I'm more triggered observing a ups driver wearing long sleeves in the blazing heat because of an archaic policy attempting to mask someone's individuality. If we are truly concerned with "looking sharp" and "professional", UPS would require uniforms to be tailored. A driver with a groomed beard and exposed tattoos with a tailored uniform is going to look more professional than all these drivers wearing their oversized brown ponchos with winged sleeves.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I was wondering what the updated tattoo policy was for package car drivers. I'm a part time driver right now, and we recently got a new center manager, and district manager. Both say they have to be covered by the long sleeve uniform shirt. I want to know if that is written in stone anywhere or if the policy is just to cover your tattoos with something.

I do know that the policy on short sleeved uniform shirts is that your undershirt cannot extend past the sleeve of the uniform. I tried skin toned sleeves with a white undershirt today, and was told I wasn't allowed to wear them, that I needed to wear the long sleeved uniform shirt. If that is the policy then I will have to deal with it, but if I can cover my tattoos with bandaids or body makeup that is used in movies to cover tattoos, I would rather do that so I don't sweat gallons when it's 90-100 degrees outside.
I was wondering what the updated tattoo policy was for package car drivers. I'm a part time driver right now, and we recently got a new center manager, and district manager. Both say they have to be covered by the long sleeve uniform shirt. I want to know if that is written in stone anywhere or if the policy is just to cover your tattoos with something.

I do know that the policy on short sleeved uniform shirts is that your undershirt cannot extend past the sleeve of the uniform. I tried skin toned sleeves with a white undershirt today, and was told I wasn't allowed to wear them, that I needed to wear the long sleeved uniform shirt. If that is the policy then I will have to deal with it, but if I can cover my tattoos with bandaids or body makeup that is used in movies to cover tattoos, I would rather do that so I don't sweat gallons when it's 90-100 degrees outside.
Trust me they have to let you buy and wear the tattoo sleeves. I had to grieve it though. At one point I was only driver with tattoos. Then other drivers had smaller ones. They let them wear shorts and short sleeves. Meanwhile they never would order me any shorts/sleeve t’s.
Called my BA and filed. Labor manager said same thing. Go to tat2x.com for the best sleeves. Haven’t wore pants or long sleeves on a hot day in quite awhile.
Don’t let them bs you either. Simply file under harrassment and fair treatment if they don’t wanna play ball.

542thruNthru

Here they just change the moment they leave the building. When they get back management is go by 4pm anyways so they don't have to worry.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

I’ve never covered mine. When questioned I say there are 2 options in the summer, short sleeves or my winter jacket.
They say “Why would you wear a winter jacket?”
I say “Because after a few stops, you’ll end up picking the truck up everyday while I get treated from heat exhaustion and still get paid 8 hours. Win win.”