Taylor’s Message

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Rank and file union members fought and died for the 8 hour day.

The idea that we're enshrining a 70 hour work week into our collective bargaining agreement when the alternative is to force the company to staff their operation year-round is an insult to those that came before us.

We are not in a unique situation (working on an oil rig, working in an ER, working as first responders, etc.) wherein this should be anywhere close to acceptable.

You know, I keep hearing that unions started the 8 hour work day, and weekends and what not. But all the hard facts I've seen say that Henry Ford started the idea in 1926, and Ford didn't unionize until 1941. By then, Ford had established that a shorter work week improved productivity, and other companies and industries started to follow suit.

You know, I keep hearing that unions started the 8 hour work day, and weekends and what not. But all the hard facts I've seen say that Henry Ford started the idea in 1926, and Ford didn't unionize until 1941. By then, Ford had established that a shorter work week improved productivity, and other companies and industries started to follow suit.
You are right... Unions platformed on the 8 hour work day. Company’s just followed fords lead on no weekend work. The unions will never stop company’s expanding the work force and schedule. They will make sure when it happens it will do two things... 1) create more union jobs 2) more money in the pensions

DirtySouth

Absolutely wrong.

The Haymarket affair predated that claim by 30-40 years: The History of May Day - International Workers' Day and the Ongoing Fight for the 8 Hour Day | AFSCME 3800

Haymarket affair - Wikipedia

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You want to trade insults? Okay, Sean needs phone books to stand on so people can see him. I saw him and Fred together Thursday and I swear I saw Fred rest his elbow on Sean’s head.

So where does this get us, trading insults. If you really want to resort to this, okay.
I think it’s safe to say that Sean’s 5’3 frame would still kick Taylor’s ass....

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
You want to trade insults? Okay, Sean needs phone books to stand on so people can see him. I saw him and Fred together Thursday and I swear I saw Fred rest his elbow on Sean’s head.

So where does this get us, trading insults. If you really want to resort to this, okay.

Hi Dennis

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I think it’s safe to say that Sean’s 5’3 frame would still kick Taylor’s ass....
And some don’t know what Sean does in his off time. Let’s just say we have a few things in common when it comes to protect ones self from harm.
(Hint- elbows are like razor blades)

542thruNthru

And some don’t know what Sean does in his off time. Let’s just say we have a few things in common when it comes to protect ones self from harm.
(Hint- elbows are like razor blades)

Damn you're lucky. I have to buy mine at the store!

Still must be difficult to shave with your elbows. ;)

542thruNthru

Why you yelling? This is the best contract ever

Oh I won't be yelling. It gets nothing done. My local didn't negotiate this contract and they can't change it either. I'm going to meet Andy M and make sure certain questions are asked so that people hear the answers.

I just know that people will be yelling and I don't want to be there with a splitting headache :)