Teamcare and a gym

browner89

I highly doubt it'd be cheaper in the long run because most people don't know how to safely use gym equipment and would then also use their teamcare for medical attention to the injuries they sustained at the gym paid for by team care.

And for those who know what they're doing they probably wouldn't be injured anyways so UPS is simply paying their gym membership for an employee not really using teamcare anyways.

A healthy lifestyle relies a lot more about being intelligent over lifting weights or being active.

Obviously this does not apply to all situations, but most incidents are avoidable. Whether it's a back injury on the job due to carelessness or a back injury in the gym because of bad form, in the long term, the smart and patient will generally remain the healthiest, smart and patient will not be bred by UPS/TeamCare paying for gym memberships.

542thruNthru

We have a driver who does a certain amount of pickups in the back of his PC after so many stops. He ends up doing several hundred pushups throughout the day. He quite ripped as well.

That's funny we have a guy that does the same thing. He does triathlons. He will alternate between 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups after every stop. The guy is in amazing shape.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It wouldn't apply to most on here, but it is something to look forward to after you retire: some medicare supplemental plans offer free gym memberships as part of their coverage. There is life after teamcare!

FeeDerp

Anyone who NEEDS to go to a gym after working at UPS is not working hard enough .
Skip the gym go load a couple of feeders .

I skipped all the PC and inside crap. Went straight to the money.

I've got a couple pieces of equipment at home, but it's not practical using them on a feeder schedule when the fam is asleep most days.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I worked at Gold's many years ago and the owner told me that if everyone showed up it would shut the place down. They'd have a line around the block.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yep. Been to a gym between 4-6 pm.

Imagine that doubled. lol
That time frame is the worst, I'd rather shoot myself. In package I always went at 5 am, in feeder now I can always hit the off times like 9-10 am or 1-2 pm when the place is nice and empty. Now if I can just figure out a way to get my insurance to pay for it...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That time frame is the worst, I'd rather shoot myself. In package I always went at 5 am, in feeder now I can always hit the off times like 9-10 am or 1-2 pm when the place is nice and empty. Now if I can just figure out a way to get my insurance to pay for it...
Mornings are nice. A very small group of dedicated gym goers. Usually same small group every day.

The evenings are brutal. The trick is to do whatever everyone else isn't. Monday is always chest day. So do legs on Monday. Chances are the squat rack will be free. Cardio machine at that time though. Don't even think about it.