Teamcare Retiree Insurance Doesn't Pay If Spouse is Disabled

Johney

Then I guess you’ve never needed an MRI? This is everyone that’s gotten an MRI that I know. Ends up making ones leave twice as long half the time.
Retiree insurance through Teamcare is zero money out of pocket and shouldn’t take more than availability time at said center.

After hearing his story, it’s interesting. I’ve heard several other people who are retired that I’ve had the opportunity to talk to tell me that their interaction with teamcare was nothing like when they were actually working, and that the retiree insurance is nowhere near as good, that’s unfortunate.
Something to look forward to....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We are still waiting on the second and final appeal, although I'm not expecting it to be in our favor. Teamcare started contacting my wife's doctors immediately after the first appeal wanting to be re-paid. The medical bill statements add up to $93K currently due to my wife having three out-patient surgeries since I retired. My wife contacts the doctor's office within the day of getting phone calls or bills in the mail. So far they seem sympathetic to her situation, this isn't unique. They tag her account about waiting on the second appeal and all of them seem to be willing to accept a cash payoff to settle the bills. I'm hoping to only be stuck with $15-25K of these costs. Her parents passed away and their estate has been going through probate for over a year. I'm hoping to finally get that house on the market, I haven't touched investments since retiring.

So much for the Affordable Healthcare Act and "pre-existing conditions", what a joke. Once you quit moving boxes or pay union dues, you are forgotten about.

We are still waiting on the second and final appeal, although I'm not expecting it to be in our favor. Teamcare started contacting my wife's doctors immediately after the first appeal wanting to be re-paid. The medical bill statements add up to $93K currently due to my wife having three out-patient surgeries since I retired. My wife contacts the doctor's office within the day of getting phone calls or bills in the mail. So far they seem sympathetic to her situation, this isn't unique. They tag her account about waiting on the second appeal and all of them seem to be willing to accept a cash payoff to settle the bills. I'm hoping to only be stuck with $15-25K of these costs. Her parents passed away and their estate has been going through probate for over a year. I'm hoping to finally get that house on the market, I haven't touched investments since retiring.

So much for the Affordable Healthcare Act and "pre-existing conditions", what a joke. Once you quit moving boxes or pay union dues, you are forgotten about.
I hope it works out for you brother

oldngray

nowhere special

Little advertised dirty secret of "Affordable Care" was those guarantees never applied to retirees

Johney

You just got the “Big Picture”..:

Do not forget about your pension and health and welfare benefits…it is a con…
Well there’s nothing I can do about my pension health and welfare benefits at this point so I assure you I’m not worried….is what it is I won’t be alone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Crap like that makes me wonder who is getting the kickbacks. It should be the same anyplace if it is in network.
Central States has a deal with Quest labs for most lab works costs nothing. the one here is usually full of alkys trying to pass a piss test for whatever reason

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
After hearing his story, it’s interesting. I’ve heard several other people who are retired that I’ve had the opportunity to talk to tell me that their interaction with teamcare was nothing like when they were actually working, and that the retiree insurance is nowhere near as good, that’s unfortunate.

Absolutely true

trickpony1

Hey Scratch-
Have you involved your state's Insurance Commission"
Google "(your state) Insurance Commission" and see if they can help.

A recent post by you mentioned "appeals".
If your appeals involve just Teamcare you may be wasting your time.

....kinda like "the fox guarding the hen house", if you know what I mean.
Good luck.

Hey Scratch-
Have you involved your state's Insurance Commission"
Google "(your state) Insurance Commission" and see if they can help.

A recent post by you mentioned "appeals".
If your appeals involve just Teamcare you may be wasting your time.

....kinda like "the fox guarding the hen house", if you know what I mean.
Good luck.
I feel bad for him.