Teamster agreement a 'bad deal' for UPS: Analyst

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
wrong i no longer work there.whats 25 top rate when a loaf of bread will be 10 bucks soon.whats ups profit margin how much does a one pound box cost to be shipped via ground?the bennies were great i miss them my new union is trash.pint is ups is still killing it inside workers didn't get any love
LOL

Wage isn't the answer, HOURS ARE !!!!
Keep bitching about wages and paychecks that aren't even yours.
Just shows that you'll always be miserable

Turdferguson

Just a turd
"And the problem with that is this, see, it's one thing that you have to pay a union worker more. But the real cost is for many companies in unionized labor is not the per hour fee, it's that you can't get them to do multiple tasks. They're only going to do one thing. They're only going to sort packages. They're only going to drive a truck. They're only going to do one thing.

And throughout any business day, we have different demands, different things need to be done. I don't know about you Seana, but I do multiple things. I take out the trash here at Broughton Capital if I need to, right? And you can't do that with a union employee. They'll say to them, well, that's not my job classification."

All you do is drive a truck, quit reading after that in 1st paragraph

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
"And the problem with that is this, see, it's one thing that you have to pay a union worker more. But the real cost is for many companies in unionized labor is not the per hour fee, it's that you can't get them to do multiple tasks. They're only going to do one thing. They're only going to sort packages. They're only going to drive a truck. They're only going to do one thing.

And throughout any business day, we have different demands, different things need to be done. I don't know about you Seana, but I do multiple things. I take out the trash here at Broughton Capital if I need to, right? And you can't do that with a union employee. They'll say to them, well, that's not my job classification."

All you do is drive a truck, quit reading after that in 1st paragraph
Basically just a Wall St. guy trying to make it seem like paying your employees is bad business.
Sadly, his kind echos through the business world.

PT Car Washer

You got a huge raise
You didn't lose any benefits.
You're the highest paid union warehouse workers in the country.
Your medical benefits cost more than your paycheck
Your "vested" in seniority, picking jobs, and picking vacations only !!!!

You're a part timer like the newbie, PERIOD
I really doubt if $21/hr makes us the highest warehouse workers in the country.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Basically just a Wall St. guy trying to make it seem like paying your employees is bad business.
Sadly, his kind echos through the business world.
Completely ignorant in how a union shop works. Classification is only for pay has absolutely nothing to do with what you need to do as an employee.

9.5mania

They will squeeze more production out of every worker they do it every time.
This, my friend, is the truth. I’ve already started warning my guys about impending discipline at ratification. Had a long talk with my 22.4’s after Fridays PCM. Told them they see the caravan of drivers in the office getting write ups while they never get called, all that changes when they are RPCD’s and they need to make sure they aren’t screwing up.

Thebrownblob

This, my friend, is the truth. I’ve already started warning my guys about impending discipline at ratification. Had a long talk with my 22.4’s after Fridays PCM. Told them they see the caravan of drivers in the office getting write ups while they never get called, all that changes when they are RPCD’s and they need to make sure they aren’t screwing up.
Oh yes, the discipline will begin. If it will have teeth will be the question.

9.5mania

Oh yes, the discipline will begin. If it will have teeth will be the question.
It will depend on the driver. I’ve had young drivers in their 20’s quit because of the discipline. They just couldn’t understand why the company kept writing them up when they are in at 5. It hurt their feelings, freaking crazy!

I guess the real question is not the teeth, but the “pain tolerance” of the drivers.

Thebrownblob

Teeth need not be contractual in order to be effective. Performance rides, if done often enough, can weed out many a slug.
Again, you’ve been gone a long time, by teeth I mean management that actually knows what they’re doing. Those guys are long gone. These are literally kids doing this now. They have no idea what they’re doing.

upschuck

Again, you’ve been gone a long time, by teeth I mean management that actually knows what they’re doing. Those guys are long gone. These are literally kids doing this now. They have no idea what they’re doing.
I had one supervisor say that I have worked for ups longer than he's been alive, have a couple like that.