Teamster agreement a 'bad deal' for UPS: Analyst

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
wrong i no longer work there.whats 25 top rate when a loaf of bread will be 10 bucks soon.whats ups profit margin how much does a one pound box cost to be shipped via ground?the bennies were great i miss them my new union is trash.pint is ups is still killing it inside workers didn't get any love
You :censored2:ed up. Should have signed for feeders

Pullman Brown

The chronic 1+ hour over drivers will have targets on their backs.

Harassment need not have teeth in order to be effective.

There was very little teeth in any harassment in the last contract. For a large number of reasons. I’m certain the company is hoping that changes.

It will all depend on the staffing of the building. If they keep lowballing these buildings they will have little incentive to discipline due to service disruption and 9.5 grievances. That’s been my experience.

some1else

Banned
Teeth need not be contractual in order to be effective. Performance rides, if done often enough, can weed out many a slug.
My center did 3days with every driver (medium size 60 driver center). I rarely look but since we are not a bonus center there might be 5 drivers that aren’t at least an hour over and 15 that are 2.5+ over. I was right at 2 over for my 3 day average but they go by stops

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Even including pension and benefits, I really doubt if $21/hr is the highest paying warehouse job in the country. Maybe the highest paying warehouse job in Mississippi. But I doubt it.
Thank God you're not the brightest light in the harbor !!!!
Don't quit you're day job !!! You need it !!

YourMissingCallTag

My center did 3days with every driver (medium size 60 driver center). I rarely look but since we are not a bonus center there might be 5 drivers that aren’t at least an hour over and 15 that are 2.5+ over. I was right at 2 over for my 3 day average but they go by stops
My center manager came up to me after doing an observation. He says “ how did you manage to get both your SPHOR up and your over allowed at the same time?”. I just shrugged my shoulders and said “they’re your numbers, I have no idea how that happened.” The look I got was priceless…

Zowert

UPS is one of the smartest companies in the world.
Everything they do is on purpose, for a reason, and will make them money.
It is. They have a union workforce yet they manage to average about twice the annual profit of their closest competitor, FedEx, which is non-union. Despite what it may feel like in our shoes, UPS is not run by a bunch of idiots. They have survived the Great Depression, several recessions, two world wars, two global pandemics and Jimmy Carter. All while being married to the Teamsters since 1916. I think UPS knows it is in their best interest to give the Teamsters the motivation to unionize their competitors. That’s the only way I can explain the media circus around this contract in particular.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The real casualty from this contract will be management. Many will be gone.
You hear that @Dragon ????

1690681726114.gif