Teamster UPS 401K - Prudential Financial

Rack em

Made the Podium
i use Paul Merriman's recommendations. The aggressive recommendations. I'm 34. 30% s&p, 40% russell 2000, 10% REIT, 20% Int'l.

Check him out if you're interested. If you aren't sure what to do as of now, I agree with the suggestion to throw it all in a 2060(or so) fund, but get busy and read articles/listen to podcasts. Use the ROTH for sure at your age. Start with 5-10%+ contribution rate. Increase contributions by 1% at least every 6 months until it hurts. At your age, how much you put in is more important than the allocation(provided you are in decent choices).
I can't remember my exact set up, but it's s&p500, russell, and one other one and last year I had a 21% growth so those 3 did me very well. What is the deal 2060 deal?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
chilton-what-do-you-know-about-frozen-orange-juice-concentrate-futures.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can't remember my exact set up, but it's s&p500, russell, and one other one and last year I had a 21% growth so those 3 did me very well. What is the deal 2060 deal?

Bright Horizon funds are designed to be aggressive at first and then more conservative as you approach retirement. They are basically the "set it and forget it" fund for those who don't want the hassle of handling their own money.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

When you set up your contribution type with unique investment allocations you want to click after-tax correct? Thoughts? Or same across the board.

When you set up your contribution type with unique investment allocations you want to click after-tax correct? Thoughts? Or same across the board.
ROTH. doesn't give you a tax break now but it's completely tax free when you withdraw from it in retirement. The pre-tax gives you an income tax write-off for the amount you contribute but it's all taxable when you withdraw from it.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

My setup right now:

1. Bond Market Index Fund- 5%

2. Balanced Fund - 5%

3. S&P 500 -20%

4. S&P 400 - 20%

5. Russell 2000- 20%

6. International - 20%

7. US Reit - 10%

I think Im going to move it all to the Bright Horizon 2060. See how it does.

ManInBrown

I have 50% in S&P 500 and 50% in S&P 400

I’m up 11% last rolling calendar year

Down .93% YTD

IMO the Bright Horizon funds are garbage. You get very little return. For years I had most of my money in one. I was getting 3-4% per year. If you have a long time till you retire no reason to not gamble a little. I’d go S&P

Last edited:
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Yeah I noticed that. The other thing I noticed was everything did well last year accept the US Reit.

2060 is the year that the fund will be all bonds and disolve.